PDA

View Full Version : Problems

JoelOtron
05-25-2003, 01:28 AM
I just installed MB 4.0.2

Nothing shows up in my viewer window.No grid--nothing--just solid gray. I try loading characters /fbx files in and nothing shows up. If I switch to full screen however, the character and skeleton shows up and I can manipulate and rotate around my character.

If I switch back to panels, I get a solid gray background again.

I'm on Mac OSX 10.2.6, dual G4 500 mhz, Radeon mac edition --updated the driver about a month ago and have the newest available--Plus the fact that I'm seeing the character ful screen just fine makes me think its not an OGL prob.

I havent had a chance to sit with the manuals much or look at the demos---I just installed and registered--and wanted to take a test drive. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I would think SOMETHING would show up in the screen--a grid at least. All the other panels have the info they are supposed to have. Anyone else have this prob? I noticed one other person had the same complaint on the Kaydara site--but no response from their complaint yet.

Als o I saw 4.0.3 is available but havent gotten my login account to d-load it, though I did get my license.

TIA!

Repo

jimarse
05-25-2003, 02:48 AM
http://www.kaydara.com/customer_services/forum/showthread.php?threadid=1000

Joel, did you see that thread?
I'm expecting to get my copy of MB next week, and am interested to see how you are getting on with this problem.

Good luck.

JoelOtron
05-25-2003, 03:08 AM
Thanks!

I checked out the thread--I'm having the same prob Arndt was having.

Unfortunately the patch link downloads a php file that my mac can't do anything with--I think maybe kaydara took the patch off their site.

I can't logon either--which seems to be required to get new software updates. Thet sent me an activation key for logging in but it doesnt work.

Very frustrating...

JoelOtron
05-25-2003, 03:39 AM
Apparently the php file triggerred the download of the patch which I didnt notice on my desktop till later.

Its working fine now--and man is it cool.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.