PDA

View Full Version : Sprite smoke

Bernard397
06-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Hello,

I have two sprite smoke funnels, one white and one red colored.
I put the emitters close together and I want the white smoke to blend with the red smoke.

Now when I run the simulation I get sometimes popping of the red and white sprites.
If I thumble the view , I also get this popping of sprite images....

thanks,

bern

dangermouse
07-01-2008, 12:02 PM
yeah, this sucks, particle shapes can't interact and resolve with one another. emit from both particles into the one shape, and set the colours etc with expressions. it's a royal p.i.t.a but a good technique to know

Shankar
07-03-2008, 05:48 AM
you can Use single particle for two emitters red and white .
Assing two textures or two texture sequences for single particle

Thanks
-Sankar

azshall
07-03-2008, 06:19 AM
You could also use 2 seperate emitters with the same particle object being emitted from them and use the emitterID attribute to differentiate them ...

Wixman
07-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Ahhhh you beat me to it.

One of the favourite things I picked up from the gnomon sprite rendering dvd

dangermouse
07-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Gah, that's what I was trying to say, just got my terms mixed up.

It's awesome how many here are willing to lend a hand

GeoffClark
07-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Im happy there's a solution, but unclear on specifics. How do you connect the 2 seperate emitters with the same particle object being emitted from them ?

Thanks,
Geoff

azshall
07-07-2008, 09:02 PM
Im happy there's a solution, but unclear on specifics. How do you connect the 2 seperate emitters with the same particle object being emitted from them ?

Thanks,
Geoff

Use the Dynamics Relationship Editor to connect the same particle object to 2 different emitters. Select the particles, make sure you've clicked the 'Emitters' radio button and then make sure both are hilited.

Window -> Relationship Editors -> Dynamics Relationships

Once they're connected you can then query the emitterID attribute via a creation/runtime expression. Here is some sample code, make sure you have 'Depth Sort' clicked on as well as the rgbPP attribute added to the attr index...

if (particleShape1.emitterId > 0) {
particleShape1.rgbPP = <<0,1,0>>;
} else {
particleShape1.rgbPP = <<1,0,0>>;
}

Hope that helps...

GeoffClark
07-07-2008, 11:02 PM
Seth,

Thanks soooo much. A very clear explanation.
G

CGTalk Moderation
07-07-2008, 11:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.