PDA

View Full Version : Scatter Objects MEL Script or Paint Script Tool

greekdish
05-24-2003, 10:23 PM
ok, how does one get these two to work?? Exactly i mean too, as Im a noob in the using script department. What I have is a plane modified with Artisan to form a landscape. I made a sphere for sake of simplicity (i want this to be a rock eventually)....how can I get this rock scattered around the landscape, yet on the landscape realitically?? I'd like to paint the rocks where i want, but I cant get either of these two methods to work. Can anyone help me??

ajk48n
05-25-2003, 02:24 AM
Here's a quick and dirty way to randomly scatter rocks. Instance or copy your rock so you have as many as you want. Select them all, and run

string $rockAray[] = `ls -sl -o -sn`;

for ($rock in $rockArray)
{
int $xPosition = `rand 1 90`; /*1 and 90 are you range of values you want*/

int $yPosition = `rand 1 90`;
int $zPosition = `rand 1 90`;

select $figure;
xform -ws -translation $random1 $random2 $random3;
}

Then, make your plane live, and move the rocks down, so they rest on the plane. I'm sure there's a way to make the position automatically go to the plane, but I don't know it off hand.

galactor
05-26-2003, 04:00 PM
You can put particles on a nurbplane and give them a random goalU and goalV. After that you can instance the particle for the rocks that you have made. Remember that if you do it this way, that there is the opportunity that some rocks are intersecting each other.

:: Galactor ::

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.