PDA

View Full Version : First time - LOTR SKETCHES

10n6
04-23-2002, 05:43 PM
I know I fall way short of many people on here but some advice and help would be appreciated. I have started doing some LOTR sketches and hope to translate some of these using lightwave into something similar to a well built 3d model.

Please have a look at : http://www.10n6.com/lotrsketches.html and let me know my failings!

Eldorian
04-23-2002, 06:38 PM
nice to see some origianl looking LOTR drawings... really like galadriels mirror, even if you want to be original I think you give the elf some more pointier ears...

10n6
04-23-2002, 07:37 PM
LOL. You mean spok like!. Thanx for taking the time. :D

Stahlberg
04-23-2002, 09:18 PM
Well not the best drawings, as you say, especially those note-paper lines need to go... :)

But who cares, these are concept sketches, and as such they do they job very well. Your comments are sharp, show a lot of intelligence, and your imagination is very strong. I especially love the uruk-hai concept - tusks growing out his nostrils! yuck!Genius! Why didn't I think of that?!? :)

henry
04-24-2002, 01:02 AM
they're somewhat ok but some of em are just a little bit too alienish

however, keep up the good work

- henry :wavey:

10n6
04-24-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Stahlberg
Well not the best drawings, as you say, especially those note-paper lines need to go... :)

But who cares, these are concept sketches, and as such they do they job very well. Your comments are sharp, show a lot of intelligence, and your imagination is very strong. I especially love the uruk-hai concept - tusks growing out his nostrils! yuck!Genius! Why didn't I think of that?!? :)

10n6
Thanx for the time you have taken to look at my work. I am very grateful for the pointers and suggestions. All I can hope to do is improve like anyone. Needless to say I will ditch the lined paper. I have started doing life drawings again to understand more of the human figure.

BTW your site leaves me a little lost for words you talented person! I do agree with the idea of art driving 3d. :wavey:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.