PDA

View Full Version : Mech Modeling - Misc ?'s

korsen
06-29-2008, 02:26 AM
I'm modeling a bunch of mech models and i've only known 3ds max for 5 days and i've got my best model so far here which isn't very good as far as my expectations go.

I'd like to know, how long does it take to get the level of detail that would make someone think "incredible" ? How does one add detail easily? Below is one of my better models as i'm still learning how to use UVW maps etc but i just don't have the time atm to get the proper scaling and detail put in.

http://a456.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/35/l_6add927edb9b28f2ccba67d1c091686f.jpg

Are there any techniques to follow with this when adding small details like tubes, pneumatic jacks, hydraulics, etc? Is there anything I could learn to make my modeling easier or faster? I pretty much just know how to use primitives, add a convert modifier, and shape them into what i want - but whatabout the small stuff?

CGTalk Moderation
06-29-2008, 02:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.