PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Prices

splintercannon
06-28-2008, 08:46 AM
Sorry for asking so many questions (You know, all 2 of them) but I joined the SIGGRAPH membership whatever for the discount and I was pricing the basic conference pass. Is it seriously only $100 (after july 4th beacuse I'm not going to have the money in time for the 4th) for a one week basic conference pass, or am I reading it wrong? I'm aware that things like the video game conference and the animation festival are cost add-ons, but without them it seems to be only $100. I thought is would be, you know, more.

malducin
06-28-2008, 03:10 PM
No, between July 5-30 the price for the basic conference rises to $125, and after tht it rises to $150. It's only $100 before July 5.

The basic conference pass has always been cheap since you don't get access to most presentations (courses, talks, panels, etc.) though you'll be able to go to the exhibition floor and many of the installations (art gallery, studio, some special sessions, etc.).

Climax
07-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Any Discounts for CG SOCIETY Members?

Also this is my first time I'm attempting to go SIGRAPH, if you have, You think is worth to pay for a full access ticket?

malducin
07-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Any Discounts for CG SOCIETY Members? Also this is my first time I'm attempting to go SIGRAPH, if you have, You think is worth to pay for a full access ticket?

No discounts for CG Society members. The main discounts are for ACM/SIGGRAPH members or for students (usually via ACM/SIGGRAPH memberships).

As far as what category to choose, it depends on your interests. You should check the SIGGRAPH page to see what interests you. If you only want to see the exhibition floor and a few things, just go for basic and add an animation festival pass. While many of the evnts of the full access are very technical (Papers), some are really great like the Talks (formerly Sketches) where there are many production presentations (Hulk, Beowulf, Horton Hears a Who, WALLE, Madagascar 2, Prince Caspian , Golden Compass, Indy 4, etc.).

Personally I think the full access is worth it. YMMV.

Climax
07-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Personally I think the full access is worth it. YMMV.

Thanks for your Opinion, I know is not cheap, but in life the most valuable thing is the experience...
I hope everything will be ok, now to find a place to stay, wish me luck!

malducin
07-08-2008, 04:34 AM
I hope everything will be ok, now to find a place to stay, wish me luck!

Check out the Housing thread (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=232&t=607693) for help.

WayneZacMP
07-09-2008, 06:28 AM
I bought the full conference pass for the first time last year as a student ACM member, so it was about $350 and that was worth it. I enjoyed some of the talks and paper sessions, and the reception, and couldn't have attended those without the full pass. It's a lot of work to really get something out of it, though. Plan your time, and be ready with a backup plan when a talk you thought you'd like turns out to be uninteresting.

Climax
07-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Plan your time, and be ready with a backup plan when a talk you thought you'd like turns out to be uninteresting.

That's a great tip, some conferences are at the same time, so we must make a schedule based on the themes that are of most interest, but i wish i could be in all of them, thanks Bro

CGTalk Moderation
07-09-2008, 02:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.