PDA

View Full Version : experimental design studio

turbahn
05-24-2003, 07:51 PM
The idea is to create a team of artists, each a freelancer, each working from his own home, each with a unique skill.

Together the team will work on creating websites, print design, identity for companies, and so on.

The collaboration between 2D artists, 3D artists, and web artists can be very unique, and special. That’s why I believe this team will succeed.

I think we should start as an experimental group, only so the team will be able to learn how to work together. If the first designs succeed (designs the team will make at the experimental stage will be free of charge), the group will be able to start working for money, (split equally between the team members).

Each team member should be devoted to the group, and be willing to use his free time to work on projects for the group.

The team should be made up of:
-web artists
-3d artists
-2d artists
-vector artists
-internet programmers
-music creators
-flash animators

The group shouldn’t be too big… no more then 10-15 artists.

People who are interested can leave a message at this thread, or contact me in the following ways:
Email: itai@turbahn.net
msn messenger: turbahn@hotmail.co.il

I’m a web artist, and here is my portfolio: http://portfolio.turbahn.net

So… any one up for the challenge?

waterhycinth
05-24-2003, 11:31 PM
I don't know much but it wouldn't hurt to learn more....hehe...

I can safely say that I know html and can handle that....I am still learning flash but i know some of the basics...so i know my way around flash.... i don't know how to draw..sadly i can use fireworks but my art isn't really as good as i would like or expect...hehe.....also i know how to use dreamweaver but i rather use wordpad or notepad for coding so i'm in...if it's ok...

that's about it...:bounce:

unLevel
05-24-2003, 11:38 PM
this is EXACTLY what I wanted to do with CoLabs, but alas, I didn't have the time to start it...

I would love to be in, but, alas, I'm already involved in my limit of projects for this summer, but I'll keep my eye on this...

Dancing Monkey
05-25-2003, 04:38 AM
Ummm... excuse my French, but... what's a vector artist? Yes... I'm dumb...

Otherwise, I'd love to help with some 3D stuff... atleast 3D rendering and some modeling. I'm working on Age of Chaos, doing some Bryce scenary. If you've got any openings for someone like me then I'm up to it... I'm free for the entire summer and I'm free on afternoons during the school year... I'd love to help once I'm done with my current project.

do0d
05-25-2003, 11:00 AM
cool. i'd like to help with this!! :D

turbahn
05-25-2003, 01:00 PM
Cool guys!
a vector artist is the dude that works with coral draw, freehand and so on, and make posters, t-shirts... anything that doesn’t have a size limit.

For everyone that’s interested in joining the team:
Leave message at this thread with detail so I will be able to contact you, or contact me in the following ways:
Email: itai@turbahn.net
Msn messenger: turbahn@hotmail.co.il

waterhycinth
05-25-2003, 02:09 PM
while we're here...does this project have a name? also you can contact me or add me to your contacts list....here's my email... waterhycinth@hotmail.com watch the spelling...hehe

good to see people interested....i hope i can help..

turbahn
05-25-2003, 08:57 PM
now you guys can contact me via yahoo messanger: itai_turbahn :buttrock:

atm I only found 1 dude who is really interasted in doing this project... and devoting his time to it... where are the rest of you people??

also, we should start thinking of a name for the studio, and an identity for it.

drifter51
06-11-2003, 06:07 PM
I think I might be interested.
Have you decided on your first experimental project?

earthworm
06-17-2003, 09:13 AM
count me in:wavey:

turbahn
06-17-2003, 09:47 AM
all people who want to join can contact me via email :)

gh0st
06-17-2003, 07:18 PM
I would love to help. I'm a self taught freelance web and graphics designer and I was planning on starting my own freelance studio this summer. But I think it would benefit me to join this collaborative team project. Count me in.

philipbhartmann@comcast.net

callon
06-18-2003, 08:00 AM
Hiya folksl. I'm not sure if team members are still checking this thread, but I wanted to drop interested parties a line and voice my interest in this endeavor. I've sent Turbahn a mail with some of the details about interests/skills, which are primarily Flash and Maya related. Hopefully, I can join the bandwagon. :) Take care, all. :thumbsup:

hkbasravi
06-19-2003, 06:27 AM
I'd love to be a part of an awesome sounding endeavor like this.

Silvexil
06-20-2003, 11:42 AM
Sounds Interesting!!!!

Working on 3d for 3 years. I sent an email to your hotmail

turbahn
06-20-2003, 03:41 PM
zrir,

the hotmail adress is for my msn only...
if you want to send me an email then use: itai@turbahn.net

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.