PDA

View Full Version : age old ik/ fk auto snap question

BigLips
06-27-2008, 07:03 PM
actually, I have never set up a rig to do this before and was hoping some of you kind, considerate individuals here might be able to help me out. Basically Iím after tutorials for creating a really cool, easy to used IK/ FK blend/ auto snap rig for my characters arms and legs.

Do you guys know of any good resources (web links, books, DVDs) that have helped you out when attempting this?

Cheers guys, would be very grateful if you could help me out!

XminusOne
06-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Sean Nolan has a good one. Look him up on google. Sorry I can't at the moment.

spot-bot
06-28-2008, 01:31 AM
i definitely recommend jason schleifer's "animator friendly rigging" dvds for all your rigging needs. he's explaining the whole rigging stuff just perfectly! you may also check out the fresh book focal press book "an essential introduction to maya character rigging" written by cheryl cabrera (foreword by jason schleifer). wonderful piece, too.

NolanSW
06-28-2008, 07:20 AM
http://www.snolan.net/2008/01/07/29/
or Jason's DVD's is a good source too :)

Hope it helps. Enjoy.

-Sean

gonzovas
06-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Hi, i extremely recommend the Fahrenheit Digital DVDs. "Rigging for Feature Animation" it's a step by step tutorial whit all the ultra-profesional tips to make a Rigg realy easy to animate, also have many lessons of mel scripting for rigging. And i have hear very good recomendations of the jason schleifer's "animator friendly rigging" DVDs. And i good to read the "Maya Character Creation Modeling and Animation Controls" Book of Criss Marafi, a really cool book.

BigLips
06-30-2008, 12:02 AM
Cheers guys, thanks for the quick replies as well! Sean Iíve just downloaded your video and will sit though it tomorrow, although I have just another quick question for you guys, jason schleifer's animator friendly rigging dvds have been recommended to me before but do any of you know which one specifically talks about this ik/ fk auto snap set up? And does his method require any additional scripts, plug-ins etc, and do any of the books mentioned (an essential introduction to maya character rigging" or "Maya Character Creation Modeling and Animation Controls") specifically talk about this set up. I must have three or four books on character set up and none of them mention how to do it... Cheers again guys, and thanks for all your help!

CGTalk Moderation
06-30-2008, 12:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.