PDA

View Full Version : gun bullets

yencaray
05-24-2003, 06:28 PM
i want when a bullets comes out of a gun to have like an explasion type of thing from the barrel of a gun and also have lights turn on when the bullet come out to light up the scene as if it was actually real fire. the bullets are particle instancers how can i do this? Also is there away to key or tell the emitter when to emit a particle, say when each time the character pulls the trigger only one bullet come out of the emitter and no more until he pulls it again?

svenip
05-25-2003, 10:23 AM
sure , there are a couple of ways do achieve this. you could use driven keys to tell the emitter to spit out particles (rate 1) when the rotation of the trigger (i guess you rotate your trigger) is greater then a certain value. or simply write an expression that will do the same thing.

Originally posted by yencaray
i want when a bullets comes out of a gun to have like an explasion type of thing from the barrel of a gun and also have lights turn on when the bullet come out to light up the scene as if it was actually real fire. the bullets are particle instancers how can i do this? Also is there away to key or tell the emitter when to emit a particle, say when each time the character pulls the trigger only one bullet come out of the emitter and no more until he pulls it again?

Gremlin
05-26-2003, 09:45 AM
relatively easy, just a bunch of SDK's .... just link them so, that when the trigger = "pulled" (whatever attribute you define as being the independent factor) just link that to the point light (at the nozzle of the gun) and then partle emitter (in the barrle of the gun)
Cheers,
:beer:

yencaray
05-28-2003, 04:46 AM
thanks but i want to know is there a way to connet the light to the bullet so the light will always turn on when a bullets shots out were talking about bullets being shot at random so i can only think of some sort of linking. basicly all i want is to be able to just adjust one attribute what ever it may be and the setup will do all the rest the bullet being shoot the light flashing and all that stuff

Gremlin
05-28-2003, 07:18 PM
just set up a SDK, with the light intensity = 1 (or whatever the value you want) when the particle emitter (with the instanced bullet geometry) emite rate = 1.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.