PDA

View Full Version : PFlow inner particle collision

thinkpozzitive
06-26-2008, 08:34 PM
hy.
This is the setup.
You have a particle sistem that scatters on a surface instanced geometry (say a box).
You have a deflector that uses as deflecting geometry, the same geometry as the first particle sistem is instancing (the box).
You have a second sistem of particles that on collision with the deflector (box) should do something (whatever).

My problem is that the particles don't deflect from instanced geometry, only the original geometry. it kindda make sense, how ever.....is there any way around it?
And is there in pflow such a thing as inner particle collision? If there some way to do inner particles collision how do you make them colide relative to geometry....and not interpenetrate?

I hope some of you have some idee how to help me with my problems.
Thank you.

SoLiTuDe
06-27-2008, 06:35 AM
Particle flow currently does not have any way of having particles collide with each other. Box2 will add this, but you'll have to wait :D. If you're just using pflow to scatter some objects, you can use the snapshot tool to generate a mesh of the particles and then use that new mesh as a deflector...

You can't offset the position based on the size/shape either... it's possible with box3, but for starters you can try faking it by using proxy deflector geometry so that the deflector it hits is actually bigger than or above the geometry you want it to look like it's hitting.

CGTalk Moderation
06-27-2008, 06:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.