PDA

View Full Version : fluid texture coordinates

Derek Wolfe
06-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Can I access the fluid texture coordinates with the getFluidAttr, and setFluidAttr commands?

The documentation says the valid attributes are, "force", "velocity", "density", "falloff", "fuel", "color", and "temperature". I would like to try some tests manipulating the texture coordinate grid. Any help would be appreciated.

Derek Wolfe
06-27-2008, 06:39 PM
I still have not found the attribute name to use with getFluidAttr, for texture coordinates. Has anyone else managed to do this, or is it even possible?

micgaz
06-27-2008, 08:40 PM
Hey Derek,

if you right click in the numeric field for that attribute, and choose create expression, won't it tell you the correct syntax to control that attribute?

Derek Wolfe
06-28-2008, 12:35 AM
Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately I can not find a numeric field that displays what the texture coordinates are for a certain voxel. Please let me know where I could find such a field.
Thanks.

Derek Wolfe
06-30-2008, 11:35 PM
Perhaps someone from Autodesk can answer?
Can I access the fluid texture coordinates with the getFluidAttr, and setFluidAttr commands?

phildog
07-02-2008, 09:31 AM
Hi Derek,
yeah i dont know if you can do that with existing mel commands.
however if you cache the fluid then you can use fluidCacheInfo

from the help docs

-attribute(-at) string
Modifier to the "hasData" flag, used to query whether a cache has data (at the current time) for a specific fluid attribute. Valid attribute values are "density", "velocity", "temperature", "fuel", "color", "coordinates" (for texture coordinates), "falloff".

Derek Wolfe
07-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Thanks for taking the time to reply, phildog.

I took a look at the fluidCacheInfo command. It returns a 1, if the cache has any data for a given attribute at a given frame, or a zero, if it does not. Unfortunately it does not return any info about what that data actually is.

I would love to get a definite reply one way or the other about this.

CGTalk Moderation
07-03-2008, 06:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.