PDA

View Full Version : Siggraph to mingle

studiomaxer3d
06-26-2008, 02:32 PM
Hey everyone,

I would like to attend Siggraph this year to try and get the word out on Project Overlord (http://www.give-soft.com)
and was wondering if it will be logical to go and work the exibition floor. I'd like to meet studios and tell them about the program and allow them to get to know the company.

I think it could be an excellent marketing tool. I would rather have a booth, but the budget won't allow for it.

Any thoughts on this approach? Will I get anywhere? Is it worth the expense? This would be my first time to Siggraph.

Thanks!

Titus
06-26-2008, 03:40 PM
Companies invest a lot of money to sell their products there, I'm not sure they are too open to buy it depends on how good you are with marketing and PR. I also don't think you really have to go to promote your product, try to contact de Media Office (http://www.siggraph.org/s2008/media/contact/) and ask them if you can send to them press releases, flyers, demos, etc to be distributed to all the media.

Have you considered partnering with another company and share a booth?

malducin
06-26-2008, 03:46 PM
I would suggest contacting Autodesk. Sometimes big vendors have small sections of their large booths reserved for partners, plugin vendors, etc. Also at the user group meeting they might have demo stations and tables where partners might showcase stuff. Alias always did that with their Conductors program. I guess it'll depend on the venue Autodesk chooses this year.

studiomaxer3d
06-26-2008, 03:48 PM
I will check out that link. Thanks! I've looked into sharing a booth with other companies and was told that you can not sub-lease space. I mean I probably could "legally" hang out in a friends booth and hand out flyers. :)

studiomaxer3d
06-26-2008, 04:07 PM
I also wanted to just connect with smaller studios by way of employees that go to the exibition. Saying hi, introducing myself, and handing out a flyer or business card. Maybe even distributing some swag.

Titus
06-27-2008, 07:34 AM
I will check out that link. Thanks! I've looked into sharing a booth with other companies and was told that you can not sub-lease space. I mean I probably could "legally" hang out in a friends booth and hand out flyers. :)

That's right. As an example the people of the Blender Foundation (Big Buck Bunny) will be at the HP booth.

alvinson
06-28-2008, 02:27 AM
I see.

Use surverlover survey software to create your online surveys and polls!

csmallfield
07-07-2008, 10:31 PM
I see.

Use surverlover survey software to create your online surveys and polls!

What the hell is this? Spam? First I've seen that on these forums.

studiomaxer3d
07-07-2008, 10:34 PM
When I saw that, I just thought I was nuts not understanding why it was posted. ha!

CGTalk Moderation
07-07-2008, 10:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.