PDA

View Full Version : Wip/ Demo Reel

MasterSpyro
06-25-2008, 06:29 PM
Was looking for some critiquing on what I have for a reel..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4spuVijpjsY

Thanks for watching if you have..

JYoung
06-25-2008, 06:50 PM
What kind of comments are you looking for? Critiques on the demo reel editing or the models themselves? (or both?)

Right now the different passes(beauty, wire, unshaded,etc) go so quickly, it's hard to really view the quality of your meshes. For instance, when your first character is rotating in wireframe, I never actually see his wire from the front, so I can't tell if you have proper edgeloops in the face. Then with the environment at the end, the beauty passes are so quick, I can't judge your materials or lighting. As well, the final environment shot is way dark and looks like it's a shot from underneath a table.... really not necessary to have that in there.

For your wireframe renders, you should really use a wireframe on shaded look, rather than what you have now. It's hard to critique meshflow when a viewer sees all the backfaces.

For all the turnarounds, I'd probably get rid of the physical sun & sky background. To me, it looks a little hokey.

Anywho, give us some background on what you're looking for. Are you a student, recent graduate, looking for work, etc?

MasterSpyro
06-25-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm a student.. I'm looking for any kind of critique a person may think I need to have..Thanks.

MasterSpyro
06-26-2008, 11:20 PM
Ok, here's a more up to date demo reel.. I've treaked it a bit and changed a fe things up. let me know how ya like it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN9IWJjRc1E

Fritzenberger
06-26-2008, 11:24 PM
Hi,

I don't know much about modeling so I can't critique for you on that.

As just a guy checking out your reel. I'de suggest slowing down the turnarounds. They made me dizzy. And I found it hard to enjoy your models.

- Mike

Fritzenberger
06-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Oh,

And to second what Jason said. With the horizon and.. well entire environment of your scene it's hard to focus on the models. Your eye keeps being pulled away from the model to look at the giant uneven background and intense horizon moving past you.

I think a white room effect would serve you much better.

CGTalk Moderation
06-26-2008, 11:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.