PDA

View Full Version : Joshua Creed Gilmer - Temp Reel

MatrixAgent1984
06-25-2008, 05:44 AM
Hey guys,

I just built my website, and put my demo reel on it for people to view. This is a collection of my freelance work / school projects, and is a temporary reel, until I finish my final project here at Full Sail University. I hope you guys like. Tell me if there are things that bother you, as I will cut them out from the final reel or fix them before adding them to the final one. You guys are awesome thanks. The reel is under the art section.

Click here to go to my website:

www.joshuacreedgilmer.com (http://www.joshuacreedgilmer.com)

Also, if you want to see the current project that will be the centerpiece of my final reel, I am keeping a thread running on one of them. Click here to go to the thread:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=43&t=582959

Thanks again for your time fellas.

- J. Gilmer

mcampbell
06-25-2008, 02:16 PM
Hey Joshy!

I know this is just a temporary reel as you finish everything up in Full Sail, but why didn't you include any of your new assets in it? A few rough renders from those projects would really help your reel out! Overall i got confused as too what your profession was. I saw Effects, Animation, Modeling, etc, but no solid profession choice. If you're going for an Environment Modeler keep your reel to just Environments. Just make sure that you put in your other projects in there! They are coming along really nicely!

Keep me updated on your newest reel! I want to see it!

-Matt Campbell

MatrixAgent1984
06-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Hey Matt,

Good to see you using the forums! Right now the reel is a smathering of various freelance work and school projects. I'm hoping it will give people a general look at my cg artwork. I will be focusing the reel more as my assets from CAP are rendered. Thanks for the advice, and of course I will be mass emailing everyone when the final projects are done.

Abazaba
06-25-2008, 05:55 PM
You have some nice work. I do want to echo the above comment. Figure out what branch you want to focus on, then make a reel centered around that. Id also take out the white room shot, as it doesnt add much. Cant wait to see your reel after CAP.

Cheers

*side note* "Full Sail Senior"? I didnt know there were class divisions at my alma mater.

MatrixAgent1984
06-26-2008, 11:21 PM
Yeah, Full Sail is still month to month, they just told me I was considered a Senior because I'm in my final classes...at least that's what I was told to put on my fafsa. I will be focusing on the environment modeling and texturing side of things, this was just something I wanted to put together before my final stuff was ready. Consider the white room shot eliminated. It was an old cell shading toon kinda thing I was experimenting with.

You have some nice work. I do want to echo the above comment. Figure out what branch you want to focus on, then make a reel centered around that. Id also take out the white room shot, as it doesnt add much. Cant wait to see your reel after CAP.

Cheers

*side note* "Full Sail Senior"? I didnt know there were class divisions at my alma mater.

CGTalk Moderation
06-26-2008, 11:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.