PDA

View Full Version : peace emissary, ioan Dumitrescu (2D)

jonone
06-24-2008, 09:45 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/140674/140674_1214343950_medium.jpg

Title: peace emissary
Name: ioan Dumitrescu
Software: Photoshop

I made this image first from a series of pictures im doing, trying to depict conflict between nations in the future,doh^^ .In this one i tryed showing a massive invasion...a flying armada. A peace emissary ..represented by the small white ship trys to make a difference.will it succed?
made in 2 days i guess,in PS ,hope you like it.

cheers

brushoff
06-25-2008, 01:02 PM
2 days in Photoshop?! - Well, I'm impressed. Even though there is no shortage of this genre and style of image in here, your work is competent and convincing. I can't imagine you need much practice in this style - Have you tried any alternate themes and techniques?(might be a way of taking your work in different directions or developing a niche style)

NUKEDUKE
06-25-2008, 02:22 PM
Maybe increase some gunfire or smoke?

:P

CrisdeLara2007
06-25-2008, 03:21 PM
Hey...It's cool! Very nice job! stars for you!!

vady
06-25-2008, 05:35 PM
nice image mate gj!

jonone
06-25-2008, 05:46 PM
brushoff
thanks,im not trying necesarily to get a style ,and i cant say i ve seen to much of this kind of style out there.i am working on multiple tipes of subjects...but im the ones im doing in my spare time..and at this moment im trying some SF book covers like:) now im doing some indoors and got alot of creatures in traditional media.hope ig et around and make them digital

NUKEDUKE

well this is a still image before any fights:) the good guys are outnumbered and we re caught unprepared so they send out a emissary ...that white ship,so thats why theres no fire or smoke or anythin like that...its the peace before the storm i guess.

CrisdeLara2007
thanks! glad u like it

vady
cheers dude:P

brushoff
06-26-2008, 03:32 AM
Hey there Ioan

I did not mean to imply any disrespect with my comments about "…there being no shortage" of this type of work on CG Society. I think your work is very impressive, and where there is a need, go for it. I was referring to the theme and style in your work; that is, similar to work by people such as Stephen Martiniere, Thierry Doizon and to some extent, Ryan Church's sci-fi themed images. Hi calibre company indeed!

In the spirit of providing feedback and critique, I was simply offering my thoughts - that's all. I guess we all tend to stick to what works for us and what turns us on - me included. What I have found is that when I have reason to break out of my preferred approach, the experience tends to shed some new light on my default mode of working.

Anyhow, happy days and keep on trucking!

bechira
06-26-2008, 07:20 AM
Love it. Dynamic composition with a story behind! Congrats!

jonone
06-26-2008, 09:54 AM
brushoff
mate by no means i took it as some kind of bad coments ,not at all:)and for sure did not respond in tha fasion..i hope....(if i wasnt lookinf for feedback i wouldnt be posting :D )i know u we re referring to the sf style...but thats what i rly like doing..sf and fantasy( not that other things i wouldnt do) and about breaking out of the sphere of confidence in our work..ur very right about it..its great for artist to do that as often as possible in order to build up experience..skill etc. thanks for the feedback !u have nice days to:)

bechira
thank you glad u like it!

hopefully after examens i get around finishig the other "pieces of the puzzle" from the story.

CGTalk Moderation
06-26-2008, 09:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.