PDA

View Full Version : render region animation

flashgordy
06-24-2008, 08:36 PM
hi

can I in xsi use "render region" to make an animation?
I mean that in max render region option I can set a frame range and render for example few frames

in xsi render region work only with still images?

regards

mocaw
06-24-2008, 08:42 PM
Do you just want to do a quick check- or do you want to render that portion via a pass? Each can be done in XSI.

For a quick check, select a viewport, draw a region, then click on the views cam icon- then select "start capture".

For just a regions area in a final render (useful for certain comps etc.) go into the pass's render options->format-> check sub region and copy region size.

flashgordy
06-24-2008, 09:53 PM
hm...
I have xsi 6.01
maybe you talk about higher version

edit
and i want make beauty render, not prev

regards

tc
06-24-2008, 10:59 PM
the Render a region can render sequences.
Draw a region and start a capture.

You can set the quality of the region to be the same as you use in the pass (render>region>options>use pass settings). You can also set the region to be the crop of your pass. Whatever is best for you.

As Mocaw said you draw the region and use it to be the crop of the render pass.

ThE_JacO
06-25-2008, 07:31 AM
If you're talking about max you're probably thinking of a subregion.
In the rendering options you can set a subregion to render instead of the whole picture, and unless I'm mistaken I think you can choose to set it by the size of the render region. It comes in handy when you need to re-render or preview but only need a chunk of the image.

Also, like mentioned in the thread already, you can draw a render region and capture the viewport from the camera menu of that viewport, it will complete the region before capturing and then dump the buffer.

flashgordy
06-25-2008, 03:31 PM
hm tx guys
now it works, but as a background I have grid and axis hehe
can I do something with "start capture" to makes render with alpha?

mocaw
06-25-2008, 05:19 PM
Time to get outside your comfort zone and explore the render options method of setting a sub region based on your drawn render region.

Either way...your format you choose to save your file in is going to dictate if the alpha channel gets passed on to the file or not...try a tiff and see what happens.

Also- do you have your region set to RGB+alpha?

flashgordy
06-26-2008, 06:30 AM
yea, I know
sorry but now I made a huge project and I havnt time for read manual, so I just writed my question here

tx all you guys for help
you save me lots of time

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
06-26-2008, 06:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.