PDA

View Full Version : Student Member

splintercannon
06-24-2008, 04:56 PM
So I was looking at the prices and I noticed that "student memebers" got a discount. How do you become a student member? Do you need to have the sponsership from a teacher/professor? Does it cost anything? How does it work? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

malducin
06-24-2008, 06:15 PM
You have to be an ACM and/or SIGGRAPH student member in order to qualify. Yes it does cost money, but it's cheap ($25) and for that you get a huge discount especially if you go full conference for SIGGRAPH. More details here:

SIGGRAPH membership (http://www.siggraph.org/membership)
ACM membership (http://www.acm.org/membership/student/)

pworks
07-22-2008, 09:42 AM
You have to be an ACM and/or SIGGRAPH student member in order to qualify. Yes it does cost money, but it's cheap ($25) and for that you get a huge discount especially if you go full conference for SIGGRAPH. More details here:

SIGGRAPH membership (http://www.siggraph.org/membership)
ACM membership (http://www.acm.org/membership/student/)

Is there any difference becoming an ACM member or ACM Siggraph? Because I saw, that ACM costs only 19$....saving every dollar for the conference ;)
And another question, I was granted four tickets for the Animation Festial, is it possible to sell them and do I have to register to get them, or is there some place at Siggraph to collect them?

thx

malducin
07-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Is there any difference becoming an ACM member or ACM Siggraph? Because I saw, that ACM costs only 19$....saving every dollar for the conference ;)
And another question, I was granted four tickets for the Animation Festial, is it possible to sell them and do I have to register to get them, or is there some place at Siggraph to collect them?

For getting the membership discount it doesn't make any difference. Here's what the instructions say:

Member Rate: If you are currently an ACM or ACM SIGGRAPH member, you are eligible for member discounts. You must provide your current ACM or ACM SIGGRAPH membership number in order to receive the discount, otherwise you will be charged the non-member rate. Local or regional ACM SIGGRAPH Chapters memberships are not eligible for registration discounts. You will NOT receive credit towards your registration if you become an ACM or ACM SIGGRAPH member after you register, so please take the time now to become a member, prior to registering. Student Members: You must be a full-time student in order to qualify. You must provide your 2008 ACM student membership number to qualify for student rates (this applies for those registering in advance as well as at the conference).

As far as the CAF tickets, sure you can sell them. No you don't have to register to get them, you just have to pick them up at the registration area (usually located by the Kentia Hall).

pworks
07-23-2008, 07:06 PM
For getting the membership discount it doesn't make any difference. Here's what the instructions say:

Member Rate: If you are currently an ACM or ACM SIGGRAPH member, you are eligible for member discounts. You must provide your current ACM or ACM SIGGRAPH membership number in order to receive the discount, otherwise you will be charged the non-member rate. Local or regional ACM SIGGRAPH Chapters memberships are not eligible for registration discounts. You will NOT receive credit towards your registration if you become an ACM or ACM SIGGRAPH member after you register, so please take the time now to become a member, prior to registering. Student Members: You must be a full-time student in order to qualify. You must provide your 2008 ACM student membership number to qualify for student rates (this applies for those registering in advance as well as at the conference).

As far as the CAF tickets, sure you can sell them. No you don't have to register to get them, you just have to pick them up at the registration area (usually located by the Kentia Hall).

Thank you for your help!

CGTalk Moderation
07-23-2008, 07:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.