PDA

View Full Version : Autorigger oddities

fishhead
06-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Hi all, Hi Ulven ( ;-) )

Havenīt really used Autorigger yet (and also messiah for a while) But now - as I am trying to get my feet wet again - I am encountering some few oddities when using Autorigger - I searched the forum but didnīt really see someone else having these problems so I am wondering if it might be just me, hmm...

Anyway, this is what happens :

1. The arm_R-portion and everything down the hierarchy seems to be slightly off, even if i just load up the empty AutoRigBase.fxs (also tried the one directly unzipped again from the *.zip that Ulven sent me, just to make sure...) and compare the arms and hands (see attached screenshot) no matter whta I try it stays that way (i.e FixSymetry, or adjusting it manually and trying to make keyframes for the items on 0, resetting the channels, it will just be ignored...

2. Even if I donīt hit the AutiRig-button, the fingers jump when changing from Setup to Animate (Most obvious the "Character_FK_Ring_Hand_R" seems to pops visibly down on Heading (~10°) and "Character_FK_Thumb_Base_R" rotates clockwise 180° on Bank)

Hmm, I tried it without any manipulation on anything, the result is exactly the same every time...

All this is on Win xp64 and messiah:studio 2.5c - when I try to AutoRig under messiah3.0a my results are the same except one thing: messiah3 crashes 1-2 seconds after I hit the AutoRig-button - everytime... :-(

I can use the rig, though... Using autorigger under 2.5c adjusting the arm/fingers manually by creating keyframes in animate, saving out to a new *.fxs and loading the scene in messiah3 after that. But I suppose thats not the way it is meant to work...

Has anyone else run into these problems?

Ulven
06-24-2008, 02:28 PM
Hmm, if it's crashing in v 3 I think you may have an old file. I'll send you an updated one.
There's a new update to the autorigger coming very soon with quite a few fixes and adjustments that I'm working on right now as well.

fishhead
06-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Thx! :)
Will check it out and report as soon as I get mail from you!
That was a quick response by the way! :bowdown:

cheers,

Julez4001
06-29-2008, 05:06 AM
Hmm, if it's crashing in v 3 I think you may have an old file. I'll send you an updated one.
There's a new update to the autorigger coming very soon with quite a few fixes and adjustments that I'm working on right now as well.
:wavey:
That scaling issue is one of them, right?

Ulven
06-29-2008, 03:50 PM
:wavey:
That scaling issue is one of them, right?

Yep, done. I made a script that will correctly scale bones and item positions when the user has scaled a master object and then remove scale from the equation so it should act correctly when the autorigging script kicks in. As a nice side effect, this script can be used to help scale any rig like that.

Julez4001
07-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Ulven if you were a woman I would kiss you.

:love:

Now don't be bashful, get that release to us soon...pleeeeeease!

CGTalk Moderation
07-01-2008, 03:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.