http://mapage.noos.fr/stipen/3D/SpiderMAn/SpideyMoon.jpg

Bokkie
05-23-2003, 10:56 PM
Yup...Love it!

Keep that "comic"-style alive :buttrock:

CheerS!

xzevlin
05-24-2003, 03:11 AM
Cool :thumbsup: Did you make his head bigger, or is it just a trick of the perspective?

swag
05-24-2003, 06:17 AM
yehhh - great - iam a fan of your work stipen :buttrock:

DSedov
05-24-2003, 07:00 AM
Definatelly portrays that "other" side of spiderman, with bits of "naive" and "dumb" =) Nice work

dominicqwek
05-24-2003, 08:32 AM
nice work. he looks a lil off balance ,like his falling forward. maybe u wanna try bring in mass backwards or havin his right feet tip toe instead of heel on the chimney(i dunno whether the latter will look good tho.)

All in all, great work and great style! :thumbsup:

walee
05-24-2003, 09:15 AM
nice posing :thumbsup: .... one thing that could help some more work is the lighting of your scene. Since the moon is situated in the back of spiderman it looks kinda odd the way the front of the chimney is lit. And I think the light is a bit harsh/strong so you might want to reduce the multiplier of the light or change the color of the light to a more blue-ish one.

Kev3D
05-24-2003, 09:40 AM
I luv the style of that, the picture is awesome

One thing, is his left knee supposed to be in mid air like that?

kannu
05-24-2003, 03:29 PM
hehe,
very nice !
Gratulations:bounce: :bounce:

pyschopath
05-24-2003, 08:53 PM
WOooWWW very very niceeeee
:drool: too sweet:drool:

pop
05-25-2003, 12:41 AM
Exellent!!

How about a animation? You did such a ROCKING job with your robot, it would be a waste not to do something with Spidey!!

PoP

mimo8
05-25-2003, 09:12 AM
hi!

couldn´t find your older spideys on your homepage anymore
although I liked them a lot and wanted to show themk to a friend ...
(the ones with the stirpes in the backround)
perhaps I was to stupid : )

stipen
05-25-2003, 01:57 PM
Thanx everyone!!:thumbsup:

Bokkie: yeah I just Love comics!

xzevlin: you're right it's a perspective trick...his head is supposed to be smaller

E=mc˛: if I make a bigger render I'll post it...OKAY!

swag: thanks man !

DSedov: ;)

dom: I think spidey is always at the limit of balance...that's what makes cool poses ...Don't you think??

walee: yeah I know about the light...Actually I've added the moon BG in pshop after the rendering, that I didn't setup for that kind of light...(by the way, there's some great stuffs on your web site :applause: )

Morlankey: thanks....Actually he's on his left foot...not on his knee... :):)

kannu, pyschopath: thank you guys :bounce:

pop: I've made some tests,some jumps, but I'm still not really happy with....The refs are very high with spidey....I'll have to work more on it before to show it.....

mimo8: yeah I've removed the link on my page but the pic is still online here:Spidey::olderPic (http://mapage.noos.fr/stipen/3D/SpiderMAn/Spideyline.jpg)

goodlag
05-25-2003, 02:11 PM
i like style~~

very nice work:thumbsup:

Naseem
05-25-2003, 03:20 PM
Hehehe nice comic ver, maybe do some animation with him slipping from his web :p

mindrot
05-25-2003, 05:39 PM
Aboslutely wicked work man :buttrock:

I love the fact that you only used the base colour for his costume.

Great pose, and love the bricks... :applause:

Animate the sucka :bounce:

fellah
05-25-2003, 10:29 PM
very very nice!! and it's great to see you around here again to stipen, long time since last!

one thing, it looks like you have some matting problem around your character/chimney and the BG(thin black edge)
just try to use "layer->matting->remove black matting" in PS on the separate 3d layer(s), should work fine if you rendered against a totally black BG.

:wip:

Joril
05-26-2003, 01:34 AM
I'm still a fan of yours!

As Fellah said, nice to see some more of your works around!

On to the crits, it looks like spideys left foot is to far away, almost like it's floating behind the chimney.
Also, have you tried to ad a little overlay colour to the Moon image?

walee
05-26-2003, 08:27 AM
well go to work .... rework on the lights :scream: :)

I am glad you like the stuffs on my website :p :wavey:

toce
05-26-2003, 09:55 AM
hey stipen!

give us some animation now!!! ;)

kid tripod
05-26-2003, 12:18 PM
That's brilliant.

Its great how you managed to get a 2D comic feel from a 3D form. I wish more people using 3D were producing stuff like this.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.