PDA

View Full Version : Could have been in the March challenge...

Stahlberg
04-23-2002, 09:46 AM
...but I didn't paint this especially for the challenge, so never mind (it was for a thread on Sijun a couple months back).
Just thought it would be fun to show it, since the theme seems to fit, at least with some artistic license. :) I don't know exactly what this guy is...

http://www.androidblues.com/angelus2.jpg

JosephMclamb
04-23-2002, 01:24 PM
Nice picture! I've seen some of your 3d stuff, but i didnt know you could paint so good! Cool! Nice mood over the whole thing.

:applause:

Fortsätt så!

Sangotten
04-23-2002, 03:07 PM
Very Cool!

I think this one is really nice, especialy those wings and the cloth are done well. Hmmm it's a shame you've already finished it so you can't use it for the challenge.... Good for me though because I wouldn't even stand a change!!!

rock on:buttrock:

Cgkoko
04-23-2002, 03:22 PM
Really nice! Great lighting:applause:

OZ
04-23-2002, 05:54 PM
Hi,my "digital girl god", you are worldwide appreciated 4 ur incredible 3d works.But,if it may be needed (of course NOT!) now is clear that u are a great 2d artist too!:thumbsup:
Stahlberg.......the legend continues:buttrock:

Cgkoko
04-23-2002, 06:17 PM
It's a pitty you don't have more of theese in your site.:(

OZ
04-23-2002, 07:02 PM
Yes!Cgkoko is right!

Stahlberg
04-23-2002, 08:47 PM
Thanks guys! Yes, I've been thinking about uploading some more stuff lately, not that I have a WHOLE lot more than what's up there now... (if you look in the last gallery there's a few 2d thingys.)

cerreto
04-24-2002, 12:54 AM
Its interesting to see an angel like figure in thought or is it despare tired form a tiresome feet , bieng that often in religion they are depicted as no free will it makes you think i like pics like that

great painting

puddlefish
04-24-2002, 01:03 AM
Wow, this is really nice. Kinda reminds me of Alex Ross' watercolour work for Marvel, similar lighting technique.
Can you post some more? I'd love to see them.

henry
04-24-2002, 01:50 AM
m.a.g.n.i.f.i.c.e.n.t.
i like everything, from the white hair and face to the lighting and posture.

i. love. it.

Lano
04-25-2002, 12:03 AM
great work, has a nice painterly feel to it, did you hand paint it or use painter 6-7
captures a nice mood, almost somber makes you wonder what an angle woudl be thinking to make him look so somber.

anyway rock on ..............:buttrock:

10n6
04-25-2002, 06:57 PM
I hadn't realised how much mood and detail could be achieved with broad brush strokes.

One question though. Had he just had an all you can eat meal with a tankard of beer. He looks Moody as hell. I'm stayin in at night if he's flying about!

If you get any better I'll have to snap my pencil and throw away my lined drawing pad!

:bowdown: Your Humble servant :bowdown:

Stahlberg
04-26-2002, 10:14 PM
Thanks again! Puddlefish, I posted some more 2d stuff on my homepage now, in Gallery 3:
http://www.androidblues.com (http://my%20site/)

staglider2
04-27-2002, 05:57 AM
*How* did you do that ? Is it an overpaint on a mesh model ? or parts of it ? Or is it a 100% imaginary -without any reference- picture ? Did u use photographs ? Hehe I like your 2d work more than the 3d stuff (but looks good though !)...That angel picture style is really similar to the "Goodbrush" style by Craig Mullins..
and its a style i like the most.....such a vivid realism...hah ! wonderful !!;-))

YOU SHOULD MAKE A SCREENCAM RECORDING OF HOW YOU DO SUCH A PICTURE FOR US , PUUR DUDES, THAT DESPERATLY TRY TO ACHIEVE SOMETHING HALFWAY THIS FAR....hehe ;-)

Stahlberg
04-28-2002, 08:53 AM
Thanks, no mesh model, no photos, I painted over a guy's sketch in a thread at Sijun where he asked for c&c and overpaints
here (http://www.sijun.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=003427)

Tyxop
04-28-2002, 03:16 PM
Really good job!:applause: :applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.