PDA

View Full Version : Fire (Fluid Emitter) rendering horribly...(just a bunch of balls)

kadjikun
06-20-2008, 05:28 AM
I'm new to fluid emitters. Haven't had the Special Effects class yet, but I really need to use these features for my After Effects class.

My problem, as it stands, is that the render of the fire (drag n drop emitter from visor) looks nothing like fire (except color and shading) but just a bunch of fluid balls.

What is the cause of this and how can I fix it?

(The following is a render of the problem)
http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/1729/balloffireui9.jpg

bluehonda
06-20-2008, 06:51 AM
Try adjusting your opacity.

kadjikun
06-20-2008, 07:31 AM
Okay, opacity wasn't the problem, but after a lengthy test, I found that you cannot render fire into a single image midway on the animation. You have to render the whole animation in order to see the effect correctly.

Its too bad you can't see one frame from the animation to see if the emitter looks the way you want.

ctp
06-20-2008, 08:18 AM
did you cache the simulation first?

Scob
06-20-2008, 10:22 AM
And if you didn t cache your fluid , try to put your timeline playback on Play every frame.

It s looks like a to high simulation rate scale , or a timeline playback in real time...

Here my 2 cents

Jerome

bluehonda
06-20-2008, 10:29 AM
of course, cache your fluid first. then you have a record of your sim. something like that. then you can jump to frames and see how your fluid looks at that frame.

Duncan
06-20-2008, 03:45 PM
If the fluid isn't cached then when you click on a frame it tries to reach the desired frame in 1 step. For a large step the velocities in the grid are too large and the simulation breaks.

Duncan

CGTalk Moderation
06-20-2008, 03:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.