PDA

View Full Version : beta release : Power Extrude

magicm
05-23-2003, 01:48 PM
A new script called Power Extrude is available on my site (beta). Power Extrude is an enhanced extrude/bevel tool for editable polys, with a couple more options.

Hope you like it!
please let me know if there's any bugs/problems

Cheers,
Martijn

LFShade
05-23-2003, 02:26 PM
Been waiting a while to try this one, Martijn! I'll have a looksie tonight:)

btw, how's Quicktoolz comin' along?

RH

Equinoxx
05-23-2003, 03:23 PM
what can i say :buttrock:

visualboo
05-23-2003, 05:40 PM
oo ooooooo I'm in love

quick tools beta please? :D

visualboo
05-23-2003, 05:57 PM
You know what would be cool is to have say MMB stop the operation where it currently is. That way you wouldn't have to go to the end of all the options to end it.

Another cool one would be to have the Bend operation work on both axi? (is that a word? ;) ). Maybe mouse up and down works on X and left and right works on Y. I know you have the bend angle but this way it would take out one unessesary step.

Just an idea.

LFShade
05-23-2003, 06:11 PM
I'm dying to get home and try this out! Only ~9 more hours to go:scream:

Though I haven't used the script, I like what visualboo suggests ('bout setting the bend direction with the mouse). I did something like this in my MousePlanter script, where mouse up/down does one thing and left/right does another. It was tricky to sort out how to make it all work, but worth the effort. IMO, the more functionality you can compress into interactive mouse and keyboard-mouse operations, the more intuitive your tool can potentially be.

RH

orpheo
05-23-2003, 09:03 PM
Argh....

I'v got something strange. I can't make it works.
When I left clic+drag, the following error appears:

-- Unknow Property: cancel in undefined

I've other scripts relative to polygons on my Max... can this problem come from this??

magicm
05-24-2003, 12:37 AM
orpheo:
so far i haven't been able to replicate the problem. what max version are you running? power extrude only works in max5.1

visualboo:
ctrl+shift-click ends the tool in the current state (as stated in the 'manual' ;) )
the bend / angle idea sounds good, i'll implement this in the next version! thanks

Martijn

visualboo
05-25-2003, 04:25 PM
Manual? hahahaa.... I need no such thing ;)

Seriously tho, there's some really cool other features that I didn't know since I you know... read the manual. :D

Haha, thanks :beer:

orpheo
05-28-2003, 11:08 AM
I've tried on several computers and it works fine... the error appear on a computer with 3DMax5. With the 5.1 upgrade, its perfect

really good tool

visualboo
05-28-2003, 02:04 PM
Not to be a wise guy but why are you running 5 and not 5.1?

orpheo
05-28-2003, 02:59 PM
Because I was lazy and I thought that the 5.1 was only a minor upgrade mainly for animation (which I don't use a lot)... I'm the architectural desktop demonstrator at the office, not the Max guy.
:hmm:

drunkirishmic
05-28-2003, 11:48 PM
thats sweet dude

good job

fluorovision
08-20-2003, 06:59 PM
Hey guys I made a nice little icon for this tool. (MagicM, you are welcome to distribute it unless you already have one too.)

<updated>
I have included the 16x16 as well and uploaded the updated version.
</updated>

My problem is that I have lost my copy of this script (power extrude), version 0.8b.
Magicm's website is giving me an error when I try to download it. Can anyone hook me up?

fluorovision
08-20-2003, 10:06 PM
I also did one for Vertex Align, another terrific tool from MagicM!

:)

visualboo
08-21-2003, 03:22 PM
Martijn: Can you fix your site please? You've got a couple new scripts that I want :D

magicm
08-23-2003, 12:09 PM
I don't have any clue what's going on, the PHP errors just came out of nowhere. I'll try to fix it soon! ;)

Martijn

Battousai
06-29-2004, 09:44 AM
@magicm ur skript is really cool and helpful. thx
how it looks with a version for max 6??

luhna
01-13-2005, 08:44 PM
Hi Martijn ... I love this script :love: but It is from much time that I do not have more news :sad: Your website is always down and unfortunately I not find the copy that I had on my harddisk.

Who me can send the script for mail (info@luhna.ch)?

Today I work with 3dsmax 7... you tasks to update the script? It was fantastic!

Thanks

magicm
01-13-2005, 10:49 PM
Hi Luhna,

Yeah my site has been down for too long.. I'm working on that, but I'm very busy with all sorts of other things so it takes a lot of time for me to finish. I hope to have it online again next month though.

I think the script will work in max7 but I'm not sure (unfortunately I lost the script myself as well). However, I'm planning on rewriting the whole thing, so stay tuned for that. Can't say when it'll be ready, but it's certain I'm going to rewrite it.

Cheers,
Martijn

jabbermacy
02-28-2005, 06:10 PM
Any update? Need powerextrude now, please ;)

CGTalk Moderation
02-28-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.