View Full Version : Is Ambient Occlusion Possible in Messiah?
I've looked for info on doing this in Messiah and came up with nothing so far.
Am I missing something quite obvious, or if not, can someone post some info
06-19-2008, 01:21 PM
Depends if you are looking to do ambient occlusion on a as part of the material setup or you want an ambient occlusion pass for compositing.
TLHPro, from Thomas has an occlusion shader for use on materials.
If you just need an occlusion pass, I would just use the GI with no direct lights, like so:
1. Go to the render tab and under surfaces, disable all the lights.
2. Right click the surfaces tab and choose "new render group".
3. Parent all your items to this render group in the surfaces tab.
4. Add a new material, make it completely white, with diffuse set to 1.
5. Add the material to the render group as well as the Environment, Background and Ground textures on the camera.
6. In settings, enable GI, MonteCarlo, check GI noise reduction. Something like 9 samples, 1 GI depth, and a tolerance of around 0.3 or 0.2. Adjust to suit your needs.
You should now have what is effectively an occluded model for compositing.
Thank you for the detailed help!:thumbsup:
06-20-2008, 04:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
vBulletin v3.0.5, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.