PDA

View Full Version : Digital Fusion Question

lattz
05-22-2003, 10:00 PM
Hi, does anyone know how can i replace the blue or green background with other video footage in Digital Fusion 4? and anyone know any other tutorials website for Digital Fusion other than eyeonline.com ... ?

Hugh
05-22-2003, 10:29 PM
I don't have DF installed at the moment (need to go grab the demo again - lost it when I reformatted) but you'll need two imput nodes - one with your blue/greenscreen footage in, and one with your background.

Create an UltraKeyer node, and connect that up to the output of your blue/greenscreen input. If I remember correctly, the UltraKeyer has an option whether it's a blue or green key that you're working with - select the appropriate, and tweak until happy.

Then, create a Merge node, and link the output of your UltraKeyer to the Foreground of the Merge. Also link the output of your background Input node to the Background of the Merge.

Your Merge should now have the result that you are looking for in

You can also use a ChromaKeyer node instead of the UltraKeyer - different options, but gives a similar result

lattz
05-23-2003, 11:21 AM
thank you hugh ... it works

Jayk2k
05-27-2003, 06:12 PM
The demo and full release should have some version of the DF courseware with it. Either PDF or printed manual. Take a look at that, as it will get you on the right track. I should know, I wrote it... :D

There should be the basic 12 at the very least, which should walk you through basic flow building, and spline editing. Later chapters cover things like chroma key (blue and green screen) and particles.

You can also purchase the courseware from eyeon directly with a dvd containing all the footage, and demonstration videos.

Hugh
05-27-2003, 07:16 PM
Jason: You're not working for Eyeon any more!

Didn't realise you'd moved - will still think of you as the definitive DF guide ;)

Jayk2k
05-27-2003, 08:19 PM
I'll always be with eyeon in some shape or form, even if it's just in spirit at the moment. :bounce:

MadMax
06-25-2003, 09:55 PM
By chance is the PDF file courseware the same as the book they are selling?

If so I won't buy it since mine are coming next week.

Jayk2k
06-26-2003, 12:56 AM
the pdf was reduced for size considerations, so it only has the first 12 or 15 chapters of 30+.

MadMax
06-26-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Jayk2k
the pdf was reduced for size considerations, so it only has the first 12 or 15 chapters of 30+.

Okay, I have DF coming. Is this included with it, or should I pop down 49.95 for this book?

That's kind of what I was getting at.

policarpo
06-26-2003, 03:37 AM
you'll get the reference manual and the Courseware book in your DF or DFX+ box. It's really good stuff. You'll also get a full DVD worth of training material and videos!:beer:

congrats and welcome to the family!

MadMax
06-26-2003, 03:40 AM
Cool.

Thank God I asked before I ordered the book!

I have 4 copies coming! :)

policarpo
06-26-2003, 03:42 AM
Hey Jason...are there any plans on doing some courseware on how to exploit the RPF scene files from LIghtWave and other 3D apps inside of DF?

I'm still trying to get me brain around how i can use the RPF for all sorts of while and crazy stuff...DOF, Object replacement, materials, etc....none of that seems to be covered int he manuals or online. :)

Maybe i could call you for a quick consult.:love:

purdy please. :)

Jayk2k
06-26-2003, 10:47 PM
I'm working on them now. I have a few other things on my plate, but if I keep at it, I can have a basic set of tuts done soon. I'm also waiting to hear back from eyeon to see if they are willing to purchase them for their site first. If not, I may set up something else, which will take a little longer for them to be published.

Good to know that others are also wanting a lot of this info.

policarpo
06-26-2003, 10:55 PM
Hell man...get it done and sell them on CD! i'd gladly drop $25 for a good set of quality tutorials on how to take andvantage of advance compositing techniques like Alpha Mattes, Depth Maps, Fog, RPF, and the black arts of compositing. :)

Thanks by the way. :)

lattz
06-27-2003, 06:37 AM
yeah man .. drop it on a CD .. i'll buy it .. deffinally

Jayk2k
06-27-2003, 06:17 PM
Well If I get a few more responses like that, I just might do a CD then... ;)

I'm booked on a flight home this weekend, and so I'll have 5+ hours on a plane to get some writing done. I think I'll go start a new thread on this, to see how many potential people are willing to buy it. If it's a large enough number, it might facilitate a web page and all that stuff.

policarpo
06-27-2003, 06:28 PM
very cool!

thanks for going the extra mile for all us new DF users!!!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.