PDA

View Full Version : Can you render a scene with each object being on a separate .PSD layer?

AmericanXer0
06-14-2008, 10:37 PM
I'm trying to figure out how I can render a scene, but have every individual object be on its own image layer so I can take the render into Photoshop to do some post processing. Is there any way to do this?

AmericanXer0
06-14-2008, 10:58 PM
Well, I found a way to render all of the objects separately in a way that I can bring each one into Photoshop, but I don't know how to render an object without the sky. I'm probably missing something right in front of my face, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Mike.H
06-15-2008, 01:13 PM
since you´ve found the solution to render a psd with layers from vue6 you should be able to find the alpha´s of each object aswell since you control that in the same place as you control everything else that should end up in your psd.

i dont have vue6 in front of me so i cant do a screenshot for you, but the other way is to just do a transparent png render.

AmericanXer0
06-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Funny thing is, when I choose to save a render as .PNG, it doesn't come out as transparent. I know it used to do this for me, since I have a few saved images where the sky is transparent. I have Vue 6.5, and I think the images with a transparent sky were done in 5.0 and 6.0. Do you know if they got rid of this feature in 6.5+, or am I just looking in the wrong direction?

The steps I took before were:
1. Render an image to screen
2. Saved it as a .PNG image

Before, that would save the image with a transparent sky, but now it's saving the image completely.

Thanks for your reply!

AmericanXer0
06-16-2008, 01:09 AM
One more update...

It appeared that saving a transparent PNG wasn't working, but it was due to this being a night time scene. When I saw the terrains and plants coming in as near black I thought it was rendering the image as black and white only. So, it turns out I may have solved my own problem.

CGTalk Moderation
06-16-2008, 01:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.