PDA

View Full Version : Keyframe tip

dustin1138
06-14-2008, 03:53 AM
When blocking poses I like to create keys for rotation and/or translation on all channels. I found a simple way to do this with messiah.

CreateBetterKey(CurObj,NOW,3,0,0);CreateBetterKey(CurObj,NOW,4,0,0);CreateBetterKey(CurObj,NOW,5,0,0);

Under the KeyCommand Manager tab I bind this command to the 'S' key (maya-ish, I know). No matter what channel I have selected, this command will add keys to rotation (H,P,B).

---

CreateBetterKey(CurObj,NOW,0,0,0);CreateBetterKey(CurObj,NOW,1,0,0);CreateBetterKey(CurObj,NOW,2,0,0);

I bind this to the 'D' key. It will add keys for translation (X,Y,Z).

---

Change all of the '0' in the fourth position if you want the curve type to be different.

Ulven
06-14-2008, 03:56 AM
Thanks for the tip, always nice to see how different people work.

Ejecta
06-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the tip!

catizone
06-15-2008, 03:18 AM
Interesting...but why not just use the "A" selection to key all?

Best,
Rick

Ulven
06-15-2008, 11:56 AM
You could also set the channel edit settings to Channel Group, and thereby only set keys for position, rotation, or whatever channel group you currently have selected.

When you're doing pose to pose animation, another thing to keep in mind is that if you want your entire pose to be keyed on a frame you can have a group with all the animatable items in your rig (or just the items you need to work on like say, all the face controls), and then set keys to be created on that entire group when you make a keyframe. You can choose that where it says selected items just above and to the left on the graph editor. This way the entire pose is hit on the frame, which can be helpful when you want to maintain the timing of things when you convert from stepped to some other spline type.

CGTalk Moderation
06-15-2008, 11:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.