PDA

View Full Version : Extracting a script from an object

Guibou
06-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Hello everyone, quick question.

Let's say i have this character that i created at home. The rigging is using some scripts that are on my personnal computer. If i open that same character on a different computer and I'd like to make some quick changes to a script. Is there a way to "extract" a script from an object so i can edit it or do i have to have those scripts on this other computer as well?

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Have a great day

JHaywood
06-13-2008, 06:26 PM
If the "script" is part of a custom attribute, then you can extract it. If it's just a macroscript or script file being loaded from the harddrive when Max starts, then you would need that file on your computer also.

If it is a custom attribute, you can use this script from Grant Adam to edit it:
custom-attribute-editor (http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/custom-attribute-editor)

Guibou
06-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Thanks JHaywood, i was looking to edit scripts placed in custom attributes. That's exactly what i'm looking for. Thanks Again

CGTalk Moderation
06-16-2008, 02:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.