PDA

View Full Version : switching between intances? can it be done?

Gompachi
05-22-2003, 01:21 PM
I'm working on a project for school, a compositing short. I would like to have a swarm of flies go from flying to landing (its the title shot and they land to spell out the title and then crawl around). I need to find out how to switch from one instanced animation to another (I'm figuring its 2 seperate animations). When they land they need to stop flapping their wings and begin to crawl. More directly, when they reach a certain goal, they change instances. any ideas?

note: I'm not to proficient with mel or expresions... but I'd like to learn.

svenip
05-22-2003, 05:59 PM
just create your own PerParticle Attribute and change it in runtime expression. then assign that PP Attribute to the ObjectIndex Attribute of the Instancer

alexx
05-22-2003, 10:06 PM
maybe one additional word to the lord of checkered shirts :):

you have to click the "allow all data types" flag in the instancer to *see* your own per particle attributes in order to assign them to the onjectId in the instancer..

cheers

alexx

svenip: why are you still here?
i thought we get rid of you soon to US? :)

Gompachi
05-23-2003, 08:39 AM
thanks guys... sorry it took so long to reply back, I was a school all day.. I'll give it a try:)

svenip
05-23-2003, 08:48 AM
hey alex, i'm leaving on 1th of july. so you have to bear me one more month :)

till the end of may i'm at davids place and getting mad

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.