PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious Magic

TCPortfolio
06-12-2008, 07:47 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/308474_1213296441/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/308474_1213296441/1024bound)The hand and sphere were modeled in XSI, and compositing and other effects done in AE CS3. I wanted a kind of mysterious mood, and lighting helped with creating just that. "Magic" has always fascinated me, and there is always a sense of awe and astonishment that goes along with it. Comments and critiques are most certainly welcomed. I hope you like it.

DesignerGr
06-13-2008, 09:30 PM
Great Job Man

You are getting better and better all the way down.

In my opinion i say that its much better than many other at this contest.....

Be well man.

nwiz25
06-14-2008, 08:57 PM
hi dude! ... this is very nice indeed! .. but u can still push this image further, how about adding some sort of aura effect coming from the hand and forming that ball which glows really bright .. secondly, a little magic dust for imagination! in fact trail the dust forming the ball ... finally, instead of those vertical lines, swirl them up in the centre of the image ..
this entry has a lot of potential! :bounce: good luck dude! :thumbsup:

TCPortfolio
06-17-2008, 09:18 PM
Michael: Thanks for the kind words; wish you had an entry for this competition.

nwiz25: Thanks for the suggestions. I very well may submit another one with some of the updates that you are talking about. Thanks for the encouragement too.

lyndabathory
06-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Hi Trey,

I love the coolness of your color pallette. They go perfectly with your theme. I would like to suggest that you tilt the hand a little to create more movement--like the ball really needs constant attention. Nice work! Congratulations and good luck.

CGTalk Moderation
06-18-2008, 04:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.