jeremy weldon
04-23-2002, 01:21 AM
this image was inspired by the movie ronin,
their was an awsome car chase going on.

visit: http://www.3dimagestudios.com

AriTibbs
04-23-2002, 01:25 AM
Jeremy...nice work.

The lighting doesn't seem to match though...I would add more warm orange tones to the scene based on the lights you have on the walls. Also, more traffic is nessicary to really get that adrenaline (sp?) rush that ronin's chase scene evoked.

The camera anglle is well shot and the hint of motion blur gives it a lot of depth. Try to break up the specular highlights on the ground and maybe vary the texture of the road (doesn't look like its been driven on enough) and also the ceiling. In a tunnel like that, from all the traffic, there would be caked on grime and dirt form the exhaust of those millions of cars in every crevice and corner of the ceiling.

Daveaustin
04-23-2002, 01:27 AM
pretty nice!
Only real crit is that I reckon you could render a more dynamic image.. to show the speed of the chase... maybe position the camera alongside the leading car facing towards the pursuing car, with a bit of camera roll thrown in for good measure??? I don't know.. just an idea

....at the moment the scene seems a bit empty, hope this helps :thumbsup:

Grayson
04-23-2002, 01:52 AM
Good start, but you really need to define the space more. Foreground, middleground, and background. :)

jeremy weldon
04-23-2002, 03:16 AM
this is to an animation from our demo, its not on the website
yet. their is more cars in the tunnel but unfortunatly not
seen in this frame. and all the .tga's are on my business
partners workstation. so this is the only pic i have at the
moment.

Henrik Hörlin
04-23-2002, 12:21 PM
Hi Jeremy.
As many times before I will say: Nice work... BUT!
He he.;)
Lights. As stated erlier the ambient light hitting the walls shuld have more orange tone from the tunnel wall lights.
Secondly: behind the first car the wall is illuminated by a white light? What is that? I looks like itīs throwing a odd shadow in the roof.
Third: The headlights shuld be more intense (especially if itīs one of them Benz- cars).
Fourth: The car in the rear is either driving illigally (disregarding the fact itīs probably speeding like hell!) because he/she is driving with parking lights on only. Same thing with the headlights: More light.
Fifth: It seams that one surface near the center columns in the roof does not receve light from all lights.
Sixth: Even if it is a bit far away I think you shuld see some reflections in the car from the lights, or?
And if itīs a well used tunnel there is often more dirt everywhere, especially on white surfaces and in the air. Add a bit of fog... or something.
And as stated erlier: Add more cars.
Other than this: Great! looks rally fast!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.