PDA

View Full Version : I heart trees WIP

Womball
06-12-2008, 04:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/v/7TjAij2M4xM&hl=en

That's my senior thesis that I used to graduate from Uarts in Philly. I'm looking for feedback in all areas of storytelling, animation, body language, gestures and shot placement. Sounds will be redone as well. I'd like to lengthen the piece a bit so I will probably be adding scenes to it to flesh out the girl character. And a logo scene for my school, its something I forgot to do. I was hoping to have everything done by September to ship off to Ottawa film festival.

Capel
06-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Hey there Womball. I'm gonna be honest with you here, okay. because that's the only way we can improve. Everything about your thesis makes it look like you have no idea what you're doing. The animation, modeling, rendering, sound effects, editing, cinematography, story and pacing all looked really amateurish. If i were you i'd ask for my money back from that school because it looks like they didn't teach you much that you couldn't have learned at home reading a textbook.

my suggestion is to find an aspect of 3d that you really enjoy and pursue it. right now it looks like you've bitten off more than you can chew. that's the problem with a lot of these schools with so-called "animation courses". They throw everything in the book at you and by the end you're a jack of all trades and a master of none. Unless you work in a smaller studio odds are you will be pidgeon-holed as an artist to one specific discipline. The good news is you've dabbled in pretty much every aspect of 3d so you should have an idea of which aspects you liked more than others. i'd find the one you liked most and try to learn everything about it.

sorry if this post has discouraged you but it really makes me angry at some of these schools when i see posts like this one. I want to go to each of your teachers individually and slap them.

lewistaylor
06-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Capel, you only want to slap them?
I am speechless, take Capels advice it is the truth.

CGTalk Moderation
06-13-2008, 10:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.