PDA

View Full Version : Light burst effect in Combustion

Br0nZiLLa
05-22-2003, 08:12 AM
I have a question regarding the creation of a type of light burst kind of thing...dont have any examples but you see an oval surface where "white" (represents light) comes breaking through..
I hope ive been clear enough?:shrug:

thanks in advance!:wavey:

arvid
05-22-2003, 08:37 AM
Did you try using the original Final Effects LightBurst plugin in combustion? I guess it should work :) Otherwise you could create something similar based on a radial blur effect

Br0nZiLLa
05-22-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by opacity
Did you try using the original Final Effects LightBurst plugin in combustion? I guess it should work :) Otherwise you could create something similar based on a radial blur effect im a kind of newby, so could you be some more specific please?:thumbsup:

arvid
05-22-2003, 09:43 AM
Maybe something like this (off the top of my head):
*Apply a 'levels' and pull the handles towards the center of the levels-histogram to increase the contrast a lot,
*Apply a radial blur effect
*Put this entire thing on top of an untouched copy of the original layer with the "Add" transfer mode
*Play with the radial blur and levels settings

Br0nZiLLa
05-22-2003, 09:59 AM
ok thanks..will try:wavey:

georgy porgy
05-22-2003, 10:23 AM
Hi Br0nZiLLa,

do yo mean this kinda effect for example??? (I did attach a JPG)

Regards, Georgy:airguitar

Br0nZiLLa
05-22-2003, 10:24 AM
well yes something like that..only i mean without the text out of the blue the light effect..
:wavey: :thumbsup:

georgy porgy
05-22-2003, 11:00 AM
Well, like opacity wrote: You need high contrast images to drive the effect.
I used a text in black on a simple white box in paint to have that basic high contrast.

Then I did apply a dolly blur on it and played a bit, put a glow on top, nested that and color corrected the nested thing.

Voila, and no plugins needed, yipeee.....

Regards, Georgy:bounce:

georgy porgy
05-22-2003, 11:03 AM
If you are interested, I can mail you the cws file and you can look if there is something in it for you. I would like to know, what it looks like, when you have achieved the result you desire.

Regards, Georgy

Br0nZiLLa
05-22-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by georgy porgy
If you are interested, I can mail you the cws file and you can look if there is something in it for you. I would like to know, what it looks like, when you have achieved the result you desire.

Regards, Georgy that would be nice, please send it to sander@streetcollege.com.
ill show you the result when completed.
thank you.

Jack Pfeiffer
05-23-2003, 10:54 AM
Hi...

There is a free tutorial over at www.Creativecow.net

It teaches how to create the effect of rays without 3rd party plug-ins, simply by using the keying operator and dolly blur operator in Combustion.

Check it out at:

http://www.creativecow.net/articles/abdel-basset_ayman/rays/index.html

I hope this helps..

Jack

Attached is the image of the end result . . .

georgy porgy
05-23-2003, 11:04 AM
Congratulation to the autor of the Tutorial: Ayman.

It's clever,quick and easy.

Ayman, you're the man!!

:applause:

p.s. thank you for the tip, Jack

Br0nZiLLa
05-23-2003, 11:05 AM
thanks!..i actually did that tutorial couple of weeks back :scream:

didnt think about it! thanks buddy:wavey: :love:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.