PDA

View Full Version : Resetting every bones in one time.

suchoparek
06-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Hi, here i am again, long time from the past post!! ;)

There's a way to reset every single bones with one button? I tried selecting them all and switching "multiedit" on, nothing at all...
Also i know i could set a rest frame at -1, anyway 2 choices are better than 1...

Thanks.

Suricate
06-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Go to Setup mode, select all bones, hit 'Enter'. This will create a keyframe with the rest values for all bones.

Julez4001
07-10-2008, 09:41 PM
yeah but wwhat if you have things hidden and locked and you get tired of turning things unhidden, unlocked...you got a better way for that?

Suricate
07-10-2008, 10:11 PM
Maybe just create a group for the bones that you want to reset. Then next time selecting these bones is easier.

catizone
07-11-2008, 01:04 AM
Well, you'd only have to do it once. Then you could either capture the pose, set a key for everything on frame -1, or use whatever other method you want to use to preserve it for access.

Of course, if it's a single bone, "reset all" will do that. Not sure why it doesn't do it with multiple edit. Have to check the docs.

Best,
Rick

Ulven
07-11-2008, 02:18 AM
If you want to reset all the items you don't need to select anything, just click where it says selected items above the graph editor and set it to all items or whatever group you have with the items in them. Then go to setup and hit enter and create a key. You can set it back to selected items afterwards if you want to.

If you specifically want to quickly create a group with all the bones in, you can use Select items under Setup->Items, filter skeleton, and click the button next to it, and then add this to a group by right clicking in the list and choosing group->new group. This way you can easily add a key to that group either for posing or for resetting to the rest pose by choosing it over the graph menu.

CGTalk Moderation
07-11-2008, 02:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.