PDA

View Full Version : Giant robotic arm? yes please!

JosephMclamb
04-22-2002, 11:09 PM
um...

JosephMclamb
04-23-2002, 06:38 PM
starting to color it... you guys (and girls) think it looks ok? Not quite sure what color to do the background in....hmmmm

mikefeil
04-23-2002, 06:48 PM
reminds me of akira

people who have seen the anime will get me:)

JosephMclamb
04-27-2002, 05:40 PM
aww! nobody likes my robotic arm guy..... or atleast you wont comment on it......i hang my head in shame.....

Stahlberg
04-28-2002, 04:57 AM
I don't know about the actual arm, but the guy himself is great! Unique style, very dynamic and cool, you make it look so easy but it isn't...
the arm itself looks a little rubbery, the way it bends back, maybe it's supposed to? And I'm wondering what those other metallic things are, I think there's one on each shoulder...
The background color - might be good to keep it white or pastel here, since your lines are rather delicate, and you don't have a lot of tonal contrast; a dark color, or a strong color, or too much contrasting shapes in the background, might detract from the foreground.

JosephMclamb
04-28-2002, 06:03 PM
Hey Ståhlberg, thanks for the tips, glad you like the character. The metal gadget on his shoulder is um.... a hyper obesity modulator....:) or somthing like that. Hey really love your works, by the way!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.