Valeriuos
04-23-2002, 12:25 AM
Here http://webcenter.ru/~plaksin/ several pictures of this project

Valkyrien
04-23-2002, 12:40 AM
Great stuff!!

popnGEAR
04-23-2002, 01:24 AM
Looks great, like something out of the Final Fantasy series. However something about the composition bothers me, it appears as though the bridge is coming out of the knights pelvis. :shrug:

AriTibbs
04-23-2002, 01:31 AM
The foreground and background are blending together. There isn't much depth to seperate the two. Try adding a little fog in the background for some distance. Desaturate a lot of the color in the background and maybe darken it a little to really draw your focus to the characters in the foreground.

sigma
04-23-2002, 01:43 AM
I N C R E D I B L E !

That first image is just amazing.
add some DOF

:thumbsup:

lildragon
04-23-2002, 01:56 AM
you're work is indeed very good bud, one thing I see is the blending of certain elements because of the colors in the first image and the lighting in the foreground is a tad strange, seems to look so on my screen at least... the composition is a bit wierd too as I can't make out at first glance what the guard is, I had to take a look see on your site to see him in his glory ;)

As for the girl, very very good job, but the eyebrows are a bit low res for such ad extreme closeup (this is nitpicking of course ;)) also I think she can do with more defined pours in the skin, they're a bit subtle, makes her look like she's airbrushed or wearing tons of makeup, either way this might be a personal choice ;) also the hair, pleeeeeeeeeease to something with that, it just isn't as lush as the model.....

incredible work, you should post your other renders ;) oh and btw what tips can you share on the texturing?

cheers

Valeriuos
04-23-2002, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by AriTibbs
The foreground and background are blending together. There isn't much depth to seperate the two. Try adding a little fog in the background for some distance. Desaturate a lot of the color in the background and maybe darken it a little to really draw your focus to the characters in the foreground.

I completely agree with you. Some fog and blur adds a realism to picture. I so has done in first time.
But picture was done for the very big print and small details of back plan is very important, so I am stopped on this variant.

AriTibbs
04-23-2002, 02:01 AM
The key to controlling what the audience sees is not to let them see what you don't want them to. Simply stated, when/if you desaturate or darken the background...keep some highlights (subtle at strongest) on the elements you want to focus on. If you're still stumped try to find a way to change the perspective of the piece so you can use a DOF to accentuate your background details and not lose the foreground.

Henrik Hörlin
04-23-2002, 02:10 AM
WOW!!:eek:
LOVE the texures! Very nice! Nice concepts!
One thing though.
The guard in front. He (?) shuld hold his sword a bit down the grip, not at the top as it is now because... don´t know... but it looks like its position is off or something. And his other hand loks like it needs to be doing something. Holding a peice of equipment or grip the sword or... something.... POINTING, he culd be pointing at something... :)
Other than that... nothing. Exelent!

shinobix
04-23-2002, 02:52 AM
Drrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll...
Wow man that is freakin amazing work! Show me more god please show me more!!!

leigh
04-23-2002, 03:22 AM
Wow, apart from a few minor things here and there which have already been mentioned, this is a really great piece of work.
It's not very often these days that one actually comes across 3D renders that can be described as a piece of art, but I think that this is exactly what this is. It's really inspired :thumbsup:

They look like they could be characters from the Soul Blade games :)

Excellent work so far :applause:

ambassador
04-23-2002, 04:54 AM
COMPRESS YOUR FILES

_Icarus
04-23-2002, 11:55 AM
Very great work and themes, its great to see great art. No critique from me :) What software are you using?

Dovolen videt svoih ludei :) Klasno mne ochen nravitsia!

04-23-2002, 06:41 PM
i feel lack of GI renderer here
the materials are not that good (in fact diffuse channel is superb, but other are very poor)

Sausage
04-23-2002, 07:56 PM
To be quite honest, it makes a refreshing change to see a non-GI rendered scene. GI rendering can make things look better than they really are.

My opinion....

Spirit2029
04-23-2002, 08:19 PM
Love this, well so far. The diffuse maps are very well done, but like someelse commented the other channels need some attention. The first image looks a little flat, or low polygon. im not sure which. Whats this for?

Spirit2029:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Valeriuos
04-23-2002, 09:30 PM
Hmm...
Some people like saturated-bright picture....some like black@white....

I draw all map on Wacom Tablet in Photoshop with big resolution.
In ALL material I use diffuse, specular and bump maps like this
http://webcenter.ru/~plaksin/drag_head.jpg

P.S. modeled and render in max4.

Error323
04-23-2002, 09:37 PM
The first 1 is truelly beatifull... :eek: :eek: :eek:

How long were u working on the first picture??? Must be a sh*tload of work... :) Very nice!!!!

funkyfoe
04-24-2002, 08:28 PM
nice one

FIREDD
04-25-2002, 01:08 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
i like the girl!!! nice!! cool!!! beautifull girl!!!
heihei~`````

forget-me-not
04-25-2002, 01:53 PM
you have good skill in this software and art,wish you!!!!

wolfenstein825
04-26-2002, 03:00 PM
not bad .....the first picture just like <<final fantisy>>..........but the lady's face close up may be not more detail ~~~~ :bounce: :bounce:

MaskTX
06-29-2002, 09:23 AM
I like Cyber Fantasy! This greta job! Privet iz Rossii!!
I am your fan!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.