PDA

View Full Version : Need help with tracking

4 low
05-22-2003, 01:40 AM
Ok so let's say that I have a scene with a lightbulb. This lightbulb needs to have a glow on it. The camera is moving, and the lightbulb is still.

So far I have been trying to use a lens flare with no reflections--this way it just glows. My first question is: is this the best way to go about doing this? I tried putting a "glow" operator, but that did not do what I wanted to do. Putting a lens flare seems to create the desired effect, but now I need it to track with the lighbulb. I've tried tracking it, but I can't seem to get it to work. I've tried animating the lens flare with the camera, but that causes the flare to bounce around.

So how do I go about getting the tracker data onto the lens flare? I've tried to copy and paste key frames, and that didn't work. I've tried to export the tracker data, but then cannot get it onto the lens flare.

Anyone have any hints as to how to get this to work?

Thanks

rodders
05-22-2003, 06:53 AM
HI.
Try this method for tracking your lens flare etc.apply your lens flare to your light bulb ,with the flare centre cross active (depressed) go to the tracker,you should see track 2 effect points.yes?ok.click the position button, just use the box numbered 1, position \ ajust your tracker over your lightbulb,change the mode from relative to absolute,reference to roaming, press analyze.do not press the select all trackers button.
Ps dont forget to turn on the animate button first.
also this is one of my many different ways of tracking.
Good luck.
Rod
I should add that i found if you combine the glow operator you should get the effect your after.

4 low
06-01-2003, 10:17 AM
Sorry it's taken so long to say this, but thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.