PDA

View Full Version : Female head to practice on?

dangermouse
06-10-2008, 06:28 AM
I'm getting into texturing, shading, and rendering in quite a big way and am getting pretty good, but I'd really love to practice on an actual head. Truth is, my modelling is terrible, and my heads look less than human... And that's being polite...

Right now I'm practicing texturing "Super Average Man" from zBrush, but he's very bland an uninspiring.

Is there anyone out there that would be willing to allow me to use their female (or even male) model to practice texturing? If it comes out well I'd use it on my showreel with full credit given, but I'd absolutely never use it for commercial work, or distribute it or anything.

Failing that, I guess I'd have to pay for a TurboSquid model to use?

Thanks

P.S; I did try searching the forums, but the search seems to be broken?

Dtox
06-13-2008, 08:57 PM
The title of this thread is somewhat suggestive if you get my meaning. ;)

Anyway, you could probably download something like DAZ studio, export the female model, open it in your modeling app, delete everything but the head then bring that into Zbrush.

If not, I could chop the head off of cinema4d's female model and email it to ya.
Or email the whole model if you want.

Would probably have to be OBJ format as that's the most common and works well with zbrush.

Let me know and then give me your email if that's what you want.

No need to give credit though as it's just a stock model and I didn't create it.

dangermouse
06-14-2008, 06:19 AM
HA! That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. It explains why my thread got so many views with no replies ;)

I just downloaded Daz Studio, and it's a good looking model, thanks for the suggestion. It's just a pity that when I exported it, the face shape alone has 21k tri's. It'll be fine for practicing on though.

Still, would it be possible for you to send me the C4D model though? My fingers are crossed that it'll be a bit lower res so I'll have an easier time UV'ing it, taking it into zBrush, posing it etc. If you could send me a complete obj, I'd be extremely grateful, I'm hoping to have a crack at doing hands etc as well.

Thank you man, your help has been invaluable.

everlite
06-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Hey, i've just uploaded a quick test character that i did a while back, feel free, might come in use:

http://www.capturefx.co.uk/web/girl1.zip

Should note this is a VERY rough character :)

Dave.

dangermouse
06-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Thank you so much man, that's exactly what I was looking for! You've even got some planes in there for me to play with 2D hair, so thoughtful of you ;)

As I get the hang of things, if I get time, I'll probably be making a process thread here or something, I'll keep you up to date with anything I do.

Thanks again
Dave

CGTalk Moderation
06-16-2008, 09:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.