PDA

View Full Version : Fluid/cloud flythrough

Aikiman
06-10-2008, 02:10 AM
IS there a way to use a motion field on the standard visor cloud presets so that the density is affected by the motion field? I tried making the density and velocity grids dynamic but that doesnt seem to make any difference. Has anybody tried this?

MikeRhone
06-10-2008, 06:30 AM
The density and velocity grids do need to be dynamic, yes. You also need to set the coordinate method to "grid" in the textures section of the AE. That should do it.

m

Aikiman
06-10-2008, 07:47 AM
Hi Mike,

Okay so I set these but there still seems to be no dynamic response. I would think that if I increased the density bouyency this would have some effect also but no such luck.
One thing that did work was painting velocity into the fluid, well I guess that makes the fluid dynamic, not sure why the motion field doesnt appear to work though or bouyency.
[EDIT] stop press, I just tried it on another cloud fluid and it works now?????? go figure.

CGTalk Moderation
06-10-2008, 07:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.