PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars Lizard, Fabio Lima (3D)

Fabinho
06-10-2008, 12:09 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/300088/300088_1213056577_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/300088/300088_1213056577_large.jpg)

Title: Guild Wars Lizard
Name: Fabio Lima
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop, ZBrush

based on a concept that i have seen at conceptart.org, a friend said that its from M.C.Barret, its a creature from guild wars worlds but i dont know the name, i hope you like it
thks

Malkalypse
06-10-2008, 02:31 PM
Hm, don't suppose you could post a link to the original concept art?

Looking at this image stand alone, I would say that it would be helped by a better background. The impression I am getting right now is of a real lizard sitting in front of a photography studio poster backdrop! Also makes it hard to tell how large it is supposed to be. It seems quite big from the background and camera angle, but the proportions make it look smaller. Perhaps it is a baby version of something that will grow even larger?

The face reminds me a bit of the monster from Cloverfield, being scary but somewhat "cute" at the same time. I mean that in a good way. I also love the texture, it comes across as very real. It has just the right amount of shininess to come across as organic, and the mottling looks very natural. The detailing on the face, and especially on the inside of the mouth, look very real.

A couple more suggestions: work a little more on that background, maybe some footprint indentations in the sand behind your critter, and under his feet, so that it doesn't look like he is floating. Also, don't know if the tail is rigged or not, but it feels a bit awkwards sticking straight out like that. I would also like to see some other angles of it. And this one is me just being my nit-picky self, but maybe some dirt on the claws. Right now they look very clean, as if he is a pampered pet rather than a wild creature.

I'm trying to offer some constructive criticims, please don't get the impression that I don't like it. It really is great work!

Fabinho
06-11-2008, 12:09 AM
Malkalypse-thks guy for the comments, i know, ive realized all of thoses problens except the dirty in the claws, but about the footprints i thinked about it, but my pc dont hold more subdivisions, and to say the true i dont know very good how to do it, but thks guy for the comments, in the next time i will think better about all of thoses critiques:thumbsup:
and about another angles i will post it this week if my net conection comes back

original concept
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g55/Fabio_Henrique/attachment_024.jpg

Malkalypse
06-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Just to clarify, it would not be necessary to create complete impressions of the creature's claws in the ground as in mud. In a sandy environment like this it would be more likely to just be vague indentations. Or as an alternate option, you could try faking the prints with normal maps? I'd like to see this creature look like it has more weight on the ground, otherwise it comes across like it's a very well detailed parade balloon!

CGTalk Moderation
06-11-2008, 06:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.