PDA

View Full Version : Suit colour change

ricoisme
05-21-2003, 10:29 PM
Ok, probably a really dumb question, but i have a shot of me in a black suit. While walking i want it to change to blue but i dont know how to do it.
I dont know if anyone seen the musical episode of buffy "Once More with Feeling" (a brilliant musical and a brilliant show) but the demon in that is wearing a suit that changes colour. Its practically the same, but i want mine to be a little more gradual.
Does anyone know the quickest and easiest way to get this effect, without have to stop the camera and change suits? Any colour changing tutorials would be great if you know any.

Cheers
Rich

Per-Anders
05-21-2003, 11:10 PM
don't start out with a black suit. it's easier to change a coloured or white suit black and through any other colors than make a black suit coloured. ideally what you should do is wear a suit of a colour that doesn't appear in the background as that would be easiest to "key" and you can basically do a selective colourize as you do in photoshop. failing that you're just going to have to rotoscope the suit area with a mask and use some levels/curves and hue/saturation to get the suits colour where it's right, though that's intensive.

izzylong
05-21-2003, 11:26 PM
Yep:)

I second all of what mdme_sadie said:)

Good luck!

dmeyer
05-21-2003, 11:38 PM
Depending on the lighting in the scene and whats in the background, you MAY be able to pull a luma matte to isolate the suit. This is one of those things that looks good in theory but doesn't necessarily work that often. It's come in handy a few times, though.

ricoisme
05-24-2003, 04:32 PM
Cheers guys. I think i'll shoot it again with a different colour suit then.

Thanks again
Rich

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.