PDA

View Full Version : Lattice Skinning Tutorial Needed!

maddav99
06-07-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm looking for a tutorial on how to set up the skinning with the lattice deformer. What I want is something that will give me the ins and outs so I can use it precisely for the character I have that has an extremely odd shape so convention weighting just doesn't work right. I started doing blend shapes but after 20 or so I figured there had to be a better way.

Maybe someone can just give me the answers I'm looking for; directly binding the lattice doesn't give the deformations I want when I animate, can I just parent or constrain the lattice and then use set dirven keys? If so how do I set up the component transformations? Any direction is probably great as I've never really used the lattice then other to model.

Thanks.

Buexe
06-08-2008, 02:51 PM
setting driven keys for each lattice point is possible, but probably a PITA. Maybe you can cluster together some of the lattice points and then transform those around ? Just a thought...

CGTalk Moderation
06-08-2008, 02:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.