PDA

View Full Version : how can I limit object translations in XSI?

BigLips
06-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Hey guys, just trying to get to grips with XSI (Iím more used to Maya) and I have to say so far I really enjoy using the program, there are some really useful tools here although I was wondering if it was possible to set a limit on the translation/ rotation/ scale etc attributes of an object. So, if I wanted to ensure an object could not be moved past a point x, how would I go about setting that up? In Maya it was rather straight forward so I assume that it canít be too difficult in XSI, but I canít for the life of me find where the option is. Any ideas? You help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!

yog
06-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Open the object in the Scene Explorer, look in the Kinematics tab and look for the sub-tab called "Local Transform". In here you will find Pos.Limit and Rot.Limit, click on any of the X,Y,Z min and/or max options and fill in the value.

Like most things in XSI, it takes far longer to explain than to actually do :D

BigLips
06-07-2008, 11:34 PM
cheers buddy, thatís saved me loads of time, much appreciated!

CGTalk Moderation
06-07-2008, 11:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.