PDA

View Full Version : Original Game: DTW, team already made, need more.

Toby W. Allen
05-21-2003, 06:48 PM
Hello,
my name is Toby W. Allen, founder of Out Of The Box Entertainment - http://www.outoftheboxent.com (currently closed).

We are looking for talented and enthusiastic game developers; concept artist, texture artist, CG, music and AI.

Our current game, already in development will be using some of the lasted features, with support from some of the best card makers.

Our current project is a game that is set in the near future, one a colonized world. The humans have colonized one planet, near earth, this planet is being used for scientific research and has low military back up. One ship has been reported 'lost' for the last few weeks, only to appear on the earth's base radars recently, before crashing into the planet's biggest spaceport. The planet could not establish any communications with the spacecraft, and earth lost communications with the entire planet soon after the crash.

The player will control a rescue squad of marines, with the help of vehicles and different ground units. The player view will be a third person perspective view. This is to ensure that the player has a good view and idea of what is happening around him. The view for the player will change accordingly to what unit he controls. All views will be held to a third-person stand

We are thinking of getting this game to PC and Xbox, later Macs too.

We have added a new Dev section that contains all the resources for everyone on the team. We have also a bug tracking software.

We are current 7 on the team; 3 coders, 3 artist, and me.

Thanks again and if you have any questions please ask,
=========================
Toby W. Allen Co-Founder
Out Of The Box Entertainment
http://www.outoftheboxent.com
allent@outoftheboxent.com
=========================

Brassfire
05-28-2003, 04:54 PM
Hi. What kind of music are you looking for?

Toby W. Allen
05-28-2003, 05:09 PM
Some key words for the musical score:
Epic
Tribal
Celtic
Journey-like
Action packed
Orchestral

Possible related artist:
Era
Enya
Howard Shore

Brassfire
05-28-2003, 05:16 PM
Ooooh! Then I may be interested and/or perfect. ;)

I do not do sfx, but my music is probably the style you are looking for. Do you want to wait until my music site is up in the beginning of June, or would you want me to send you a few samples at the end of the week?

(I'm currently printing art and burning CDs to send to CDBaby for my debut release, so this week is really busy.)

Ian Kington
05-30-2003, 03:19 AM
are you guys still after artist/animators/texture artists?
I'd be more than happy to get involved, the game sounds interesting enough, you can let me know here or via "enterthefixxxer@hotmail.com".
ive done 2 years worth of 3d if that helps

unLevel
05-31-2003, 12:07 AM
hey, I like you're idea, ALOT!

and since I see brassfire here, I know the music's in good hands...

and "2yrs worth of 3d" sounds promising, so looks like this might go good...

what do you need?

specifics, please...

Toby W. Allen
05-31-2003, 12:15 AM
Umm.. I'm ratehr confused in your message as to what YOU do. :)

Are you an artist or what?

We Specifically need concept artist, good sci-fi and creative artist.

Toby.

unLevel
05-31-2003, 06:28 AM
umm....what do I do...hmm....

I DO nothing, I design websites as a hobby, and I'll learn modeling sometime...

Just an overly creative person, and one who likes your idea...

nothing more, nothing less...

shadyshaz
06-27-2003, 07:08 PM
hey hi im a 3d modeller and i use maya 5.0 unlimited which is compatible with your lovely game engine. you have a nice script which i think i can work with. if you interested in having me then mail me at shadyshaz25@hotmail.com.

ShadowM8
06-27-2003, 10:45 PM
I am a modeler, love to work with low poly as well as high rez models for concept art and etc!
I am very interested in your project and want to find out more my email is serguei@telus.net and my MSN is sstiger_shadow@hotmail.com feel free to contact me if you are interested!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.