PDA

View Full Version : Eye problems

lukrm
06-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Hey everyone,
whats the best way to get a flat pupil (geometry) to move along the surface of a stylized eyeball...
I tried using the normal constrain option, but it kept giving me some strange results.

Thanks

mberglund
06-05-2008, 05:55 PM
you could try placing a joint in the pivot center of the eye, and parent the pupil to the joint so when you rotate the joint it will appear to rotate on the surface of the eye. This is if i understand what you're trying to do.

lukrm
06-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Thanks mberglund
That makes a lot of sense, i actually did use a technique similar to that on another project.
The eye ball in this case is for a stylized cartoon character thats supposed to represent a LCD monitor, so his eyeballs are on the outside and are somewhat concave.
His pupils are supposed to be flat, i think that animating a texture might actually work...
What do you think??

XminusOne
06-05-2008, 10:49 PM
I did something similar. Only difference from what you initially did, was I used a locator to apply the normal and geometry constraints, and then parented the pupil to the locator. Worked well for me unless I don't understand you correctly.

CGTalk Moderation
06-05-2008, 10:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.