PDA

View Full Version : fighting

FKMaster
05-21-2003, 01:03 PM
hi !

im working on a new animation.....here is a test movie....
the character are taken from unreal2003, but in few days, i replace it with own models......

Fight test (http://www.fkmaster.de/tests/utfight_test12.avi) (3.6MB divx)

Geco
05-21-2003, 04:02 PM
great anim work FKMaster. :)

My Fault
05-22-2003, 05:27 AM
It's a good start but there are a few glaring issues.

When the girl kicks the one character in the beginning he falls pretty flat and stops as soon as he hits the ground. Have him bounce a bit when he hits the ground or at least slide on the ground. If she kicked him hard enough to fall, show it.

Then when that characters gets up, it looks like he is pulled up by some invisible force. It almost looks like a fall but in reverse. It like you are trying to use the force of his kick to get him up, but the kick of his leg happens after he starts going up. He should also push off the ground a bit.

The second guy she kicks hits the ground briefly and somehow flips backwards to his feet. How?

When she then leaps up in the air to scissor flip the guy, she kinds of floats up. Would probably better if she ducked a bit down to explode up as that move would require a great deal of energy. I like the start of the guy flipping... you can feel the force, but then the two guys collide and they go back to floating.

When the other guy then does his double kick, it again looks like an invisible force pulling the guy up and not his legs driving the action.

Don't be afraid to act these moves out, well at least the ones that won't hospitalize you :p If you try jumping up and kicking twice like that you'll see how you have to get your whole body in to it, coiling up and then exploding in to the kicks.

Sorry to be so long winded and I hope it doesn't sound too negative. I think you have some solid choreography, you just need to give your characters more weight and follow through. Keep it up!! :thumbsup:

FKMaster
05-22-2003, 08:38 PM
thanx for the criticism.....:beer:
i hope i have time to update/finish the animation.......

greetings

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.