PDA

View Full Version : object emitter for Parray

rj3d
06-05-2008, 12:46 PM
How to assign an object emitter for Parray via MAXscript?

decapitator
06-05-2008, 01:12 PM
How to assign an object emitter for Parray via MAXscript?By reading the MaxScript help if you just open it up and search the index for PArray the first thing on the page is:<PArray>.emitter Node default: undefined
The object which acts as an emitter.And if you mean the particle shape scroll down to<PArray>.particleType Integer default: 0

The type of particle emitted:
0- Standard Particle (Uses one of several standard particle types, such as triangle, cube, tetra, and so on.)
1- MetaParticles (Uses Metaball particles. These are particle systems in which the individual particles blend together in blobs or streams.)
2- Object Fragments (Creates particles out of fragments of an object.)
3- Instanced Geometry (Generates particles that are instances of either an object, a linked hierarchy of objects, or a group.)And<PArray>.instancingObject Node default: undefined
The object which is instanced.

rj3d
06-07-2008, 06:27 PM
:)
of course i search help before asking...

may be my question wasn't correct
I want that my Parray system to stay unchanged during animation
but emitter object should be changed in every frame

ZeBoxx2
06-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Set up a preRenderEval / preRenderFrame callback that changes the property, or - easier - stick a script controller on some object (must be an object that renders so that it gets evaluated, and can't be on a Custom Attribute block parameter) that changes it.

For example, if you have a scene with PArray01, a bunch of geoSpheres (all with different radius or material or whatever), create, say, a Box and put a Float Script controller on its Length property or so with code such as:

mySpheres = $GeoSphere*
$PArray01.instancingObject = mySpheres[random 1 mySpheres.count]

You'll want to clean that up by making $PArray01 a proper variable (3ds Max r...8+?) and define the objects you want to include in a variable or custom attribute block or scripted plugin or ... etc. that saves with the scene and can be manipulated. But the above is the basic core idea.

CGTalk Moderation
06-07-2008, 09:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.