PDA

View Full Version : Texture/Light/Render - character - Sangotten

Sangotten
04-22-2002, 05:31 PM
Hello!

So I finally found time to make a sketch that I could use for this month's Challenge. It's a sketch of Lucipher (beter know as the devil) in his war costume, ready to kill a lot of angels....:wip:

Please tell me what you think of it...!!!

puddlefish
04-22-2002, 06:29 PM
Nice sketch, however I'd expand the canvas to show the feet and more of the wings, seems a bit of a tight crop at the moment.
Also, don't forget to put heaps of decorative detail on the material. After all, Lucifer (Lucipher?) is a god of all things sinful, and luxury and flambouyance are aparantly sinful as, well, hell.
Is this going to be a photoshop job?
Keep us posted!

Raul-Reznek
04-22-2002, 10:36 PM
Holy macarony!! That is cool!!!

The only thing here is not to do it too much like your avatar image.

Raul-Reznek
04-22-2002, 10:40 PM
Oh and one more thing LOOSE THE WINGS!!!
they do not fit the char!!!!!

Gilgamesh
04-23-2002, 12:00 AM
Or at least make the wings more exciting. Bu I love the decorative armor, and I agree that a wider shot would be more effective. I can't wait to see some color on this guy, though.

Sangotten
04-23-2002, 06:40 PM
hmmm what do you mean "not like your avartar"???

Anyway thank you all for you C&C, I think the wings will stay for now as I will make them much different than the sketch.
About the wide and the hight of the picture, I'm not sure if I even have enough time toi finishe the whole image let stand the possible expansion.... we'll see;)

decorative he will be!!!:wip:

Sangotten
04-23-2002, 07:34 PM
P.S. Does anyone has any suggestions about the colour for the armour??? anyway tell me what you think of the colours so far...!!

Cockofthewok
04-23-2002, 07:47 PM
Wow Sangotten! I'm impressed. You got my stars. My $0.02: The red color of the armor is dead on. but the white? on Lucifer? I'd expect the back color of the armor to be one of 2 things: either horribly dirty or make it clean and something like black. Maybe you could make the red all smeary like a design by the blood of his enemies.

Also, a crit on the anatomy. His trapezeius (sp?) looks like it is cut off where the wing connects to his body. I'm not really sure how to explain that right, but I think the wing connection needs to be a bit higher in relation to his body.his head looks disjointed.

Good work ! keep it up!

System404
04-23-2002, 08:07 PM
you really like pointy ears. :D I like it this character has a lot of potential, it's good to see you've joined the challenge:applause:

Sangotten
04-23-2002, 08:21 PM
Hmmm thanx Cockofthewok and System404!!!:buttrock:

..remember that he used to be an angel ( he was kicked out after a war in Heaven) so that he doens't need to be that horrible and gruwlsome... but I'll will make look evil, don't ya worry!!!:wip:

puddlefish
04-24-2002, 12:14 AM
I disagree with Cockofthewok about the colours. I think using black and red for Lucifer, or any evil creature for that matter, is really predictable. An unusual colour scheme could be the thing that really makes this painting stand out. The challenge is in defying convention when it comes to colour, and even environment, yet still giving a clear and recognisable message. Make him evil, but not in any obvious way.

On first thoughs, I would (personally, not to be taken as direct advice) probably go for shades of metallic colours. Maybe a really nice deep metallic green for the base and an ivory inlay for the designs. Remember to think about the materials that make up the armour as well as the colours.

As regards creating a menacing atmosphere, give alot of thought to lighting.

Hope this helps :)

puddlefish
04-24-2002, 12:16 AM
PS: if you follow through the curve of the neck down to the shoulders, you'll see that it doesn't really fit. A little thing though, and easily fixed!

Gilgamesh
04-24-2002, 06:17 AM
Yeah, Lucifer means "light-bearer," or something like that. I think white is a great color for him. Good stuff.

Korgath
04-24-2002, 07:12 PM
Great work as always.:)

It would be cool if he could have ripped wings, symbolizing his fall from grace:p , but daemonwings goes too.

OZ
04-25-2002, 03:47 AM
:eek: :eek: YOU ROchKS!!!!!!!!!:airguitar wwaaa! This time u really impressed me!!.....grrrreat! I think that the colors are just perfect! the character design is also great!

diazgl
04-28-2002, 02:41 AM
hey sangotten, nice stuff you got there!! I agree with the others, you should provide a wider pic, but I really love your char. Only thing is, he appears to have a hump, cos his neck goes way back, i mean, it looks like someone took the neck and head, and stretched them backwards.

Also, i'd be nice to have him in a scene, like i had this going in my head, standing at the edge of a cliff, looking down at the "reign of angels", like have a contrast between the cliff (dark, and all) and the "valley", angelic, bright etc.

ACFred
04-29-2002, 12:06 AM
Hey Sangotten,

I like the color of the armor and the design. That looks promising and I like the style of your drawings.

One thing that looks a little wierd to me is the way the mask sits on the face. The perspective looks off, I think. His head seems to be facing more to the side, based on how his right ear and side of his head are oriented, but the mask seems to be twisted more toward the viewer.

That's it. Keep it up!

Alec

Sangotten
04-30-2002, 03:21 PM
Thank you all very much for all your responce! :D

I see the problem with the neck and the perspective prob. with the mask, so thank you for that. Due to other projects I've been busy lately but don't worry an Update is coming soon!!!

TheWolf
05-02-2002, 11:31 PM
hey looking good so far....but one thing's kind of bothering me. . the angle of the head and the angle of the face mask. doesn't look like they match. it kind of looks like the mask is on the side of his head a bit.

pointy ears get good reception.....

:applause:

TheWolf
05-02-2002, 11:45 PM
hey i didn't even see that post above mine that mentioned the same thing i did....oh well

Sangotten
05-07-2002, 09:08 AM
Thanx wolf...

Anyway I don't think i'm going to be able to finish this challenge:annoyed: Due to all kinds of stuff I need to do first, I'll have to see if I can find the time and the will to finish it.

I'll post here an update...just for the sake of it!

Sangotten
05-07-2002, 09:48 AM
A few days ago I got inspiration...

Here's a quicky of Satan/Lucipher in his demonic form....

OZ
05-19-2002, 12:01 PM
WOAA!!! looks like it is a BIG inspiration!!!!great!:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.