PDA

View Full Version : Separating parts of "COLORIZED" 1940's photo from background

CorelPainter
06-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Hi,
I've successfully turned a black&white photo to a colored one...This photo is actually a prom pic of my uncle and aunt....I want to change the background of the prom pic so that would mean I'd need to separate the couple from background...How do I do this without losing the painting I've done? I tried to merge all the layers together but lol the photo ultimately turned into a mess! :D

CIM
06-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Try using a mask.

CorelPainter
06-04-2008, 08:23 PM
The problem was the layers...so Well I tried saving it as tiff at first, but photoshop won't let me save it as tiff WITHOUT the layers...so I just saved it as jpeg :blush: Now I can mask the photo and seperate it from the background :arteest: was there a better way of doing it besides of what I did??

BoBoZoBo
06-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Place all of the layers into a group folder, then apply the mask to the entire folder.

CGTalk Moderation
06-04-2008, 09:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.