PDA

View Full Version : Hot keys in Max script editor?

PEN
06-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Can I set them some where? I can't find anything for this. One off the bat that drives me nuts is you can hot key a toggle for the Max script editor but if the editor has focus the hot key doesn't work, not much of a toggle at that point.

JHN
06-04-2008, 06:04 PM
There is the user.shortcuts option in the MXS_Editor.properties file:
Its under "# User defined key commands"

I don't know how much of it you can change, I seem to remember there is a section on scintilla in the help file.

-Johan

PEN
06-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Looks like what I'm looking for doesn't exist. There is no close editor command so the toggle for the editor isn't very useful, it will open but it will only close it if the editor doesn't have focus.

Edit: I should also note this holds true for the listener as well.

JHN
06-06-2008, 08:40 AM
Well CTRL+W will close open scripts, but will not close the editor when all scripts are closed.. CTRL+W will close the listener when in the listener, F11 will toggle it when outside.

And offcourse there's always ALT+F4...

Something like that?

-Johan

PEN
06-06-2008, 12:18 PM
Something, but not quite. When working at my office it doesn't both me as I have duel monitors but if I'm at a clients or on my lap top it would be nice to have a one key toggle.

JHN
06-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Well afaik that's as good as it gets ;)

-Johan

CGTalk Moderation
06-06-2008, 12:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.