PDA

View Full Version : Ocean animation workflow, help

vysedead
06-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Hi, Iam pretty new to CG and Iam going to do my first animation using ocean and a cartoon pirate boat i have modeled.

I want to make my workflow as afficient as possible. Right now i only have the boat finished.

the boat has a smooth on and it gets pretty heavy for my computer animating only the boat. and it probably will crash when i start playing around with ocean and wakes.

Can someone give me some advices on wich workflow i should take. I have read that i can render different passes. but i dont really know how to do that.

Thank you for your time.

=LuxX=
06-06-2008, 09:19 AM
hi there mate,

At first is you boat 1 object or do you have different parts. if you have different parts put them in appart layers and hide those layers so you will have an easyer scene to work with.
at the same place you make your layers there is a button render. there you can make render layers.
select teh boat and make a new render layer. ( use the one with the blue little dot ) Now you have a master layer and a layer1. rename this layer to *example* colour. Then you can see (if you select that layer) the boat in your layer. If you select for example only the mast of the boat and you make a new render layer then only the mast wil be in ther and will be rendered. ( if you mark it with the R in front of the layer)
if you right klick on a made layer you have some presets. ther you can for example occlusion and then the layer will automaticly will be an occlusion layer. these layers will have appart maps in the render map. then you have to use iother software to put all layer on echother and get a dissired result.
Of course there are a lot of options I hope i helped you in a good direction.
you can always pres F1 and type in layer render in search ;) thats how i learned to work with it.

Gl. luxx

CGTalk Moderation
06-06-2008, 09:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.